Pre-Game Talk: Senators at Rangers - 7:30 pm EST Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - The pain continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
There's a game tonight. We're still 7 points out, 2 games in hand on the Rangers. Must win? Yeah, I guess so.

Lines so far in practice:

9-19-83;
16-7-6;
68-15-25;
14-93-22

Defence pairs the same from Sunday's game

Anderson on the ice for practice but not doing much so expect Robin Lehner to start.

GSN line disassembled...? Rejoice!

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Wish they'd give Prince a look in place of Greening for a while. Can't hurt to see what we really have in his potential.

Tkachuk27

Nov 30, 2011
There's a game tonight. We're still 7 points out, 2 games in hand on the Rangers. Must win? Yeah, I guess so.

Lines so far in practice:

9-19-83;
16-7-6;
68-15-25;
14-93-22

Defence pairs the same from Sunday's game

Anderson on the ice for practice but not doing much so expect Robin Lehner to start.

GSN line disassembled...? Rejoice!

Where did u get those lines ? Twitter says different

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Better than Greening.

True, but if it was me I'd move Michalek down instead of Hoffman.

This is what I'd go with.

Hoff - Spez - Hemsky
Turris line
Greening - Zib - Condra <- Greening + Condra = magic
Michalek - Smith - Neil

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
I know it's a minor thing but lately I've been having a bit of a pet peeve with analysts and others not knowing about a thing called ROWS. We're really 8 pts back of the rangers not 7. Even if we win 4 in a row and they go 0-1-1 they'll still be ahead of us in the standings with that tiebreaker.

That being said it's pretty much the last stand tonight. We can't afford to win this in ot or a so. The time has come to pile on to the misery the rangers are going through. I'm actually glad they are struggling to make it in because of what St. Louis did to Tampa. It would look good for Tampa to go on a deep playoff run while he and the rangers are sitting at home.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Dan Séguin ‏@SeguinSports 5m
Paul MacLean says it's his job to motivate the team and that he still believes the club will like where they are after 82 games. #cbcott

lol :facepalm:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Dan Séguin ‏@SeguinSports 5m
Paul MacLean says it's his job to motivate the team and that he still believes the club will like where they are after 82 games. #cbcott

lol :facepalm:

What else is he going to say? That he doesn't think they can make it?

If he did that, then he'll get the same treatment Alfie got when he said that he didn't think the Sens could come back vs the Penguins. "What kind of leader says that?!?", and such...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, it seems...

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
What else is he going to say? That he doesn't think they can make it?

If he did that, then he'll get the same treatment Alfie got when he said that he didn't think the Sens could come back vs the Penguins. "What kind of leader says that?!?", and such...

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, it seems...

I would just keep quiet. Or say its my job to motivate the team and because we haven't shown up for a lot of games, figure out why guys aren't ready to play.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm pretty sure he was asked directly about it... it's a totally random quote unless it's in response to a question like "what do you think your chances are" (or something similar), in which case remaining silent is just as bad/ answering by omission.

We live in a 140 character limit world, mon amis. No one cares about context anymore. Now, when we have unlimited access to information for the first time in human history, we've left behind the ability to process that information and see a larger picture. It's just one outrage after another now, and most people don't know why they're upset.

Gotta love twitter and dem soundbytz

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
We live in a 140 character limit world, mon amis. No one cares about context anymore. Now, when we have unlimited access to information for the first time in human history, we've left behind the ability to process that information and see a larger picture. It's just one outrage after another now, and most people don't know why they're upset.

Gotta love twitter and dem soundbytz

Twitter is the single worst thing to happen to journalism in the past 100 years.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
At least his back-up hasn't quit on a team.

Weird, because if you asked O'Reilly's dad, the entire team quit on Sacco and Sherman. Strange how they're infinitely better with those two out of the picture.

But no....Anderson "quit" on a horrendously ran team years ago, so clearly, it's only a matter of time before he does the same here.

Just like Turris, and Ryan...right?

I love how suddenly he's "soft" too. Internet tough guys would surely bounce back after taking a Weber slapshot and then a Michalek elbow to the head.

In the words of Marc Methot: "Lace em up, bro!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad