Low Effort GDT Senators at Jets - 7PM - TSN5/TVA - Stepan on the Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The Stüd has already become must see TV, too bad he will be missing tonight. I am ok with the TLC DJ is showing in terms of bringing him into the fold, last thing we need is a star rookie thrust in with a tweak that becomes more serious in Game 3 of the season.

Gold Chain Yuk lets see what you got boi!

Pacquette sucked in both games, I hope he has a better outing or else it makes no sense to have White out of the line up when he only got one game, the second of a back to back, with different linemates and didn't look settled.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I was being told to relax on this but with Stutzle out, White and Wolanin sitting, outside of the few proven possible long term pieces we already have (Tkachuk, Chabot, Paul, C. Brown, Murray), we only have unproven/not full proven pieces to watch? Norris and Batherson?

What a rebuild.

Habs have Suzuki, Romanov, Kotkaniemi and Evans, but I don't know, I feel they are much more likely to make the playoffs and even win some rounds.

How is Paquette not a scratch for White lol play the kids man it’s a rebuild

This rebuild is progressively getting off the rails.

I really don't understand what DJ Smith is doing.

Fixed.

Even if he had a bad game, it's his first one in 10 months and he barely even played last year. Is he supposed to improve from the pressbox?

If he follows the veteran leadership, then yes.

If he doesn't, that's on him.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I was being told to relax on this but with Stutzle out, White and Wolanin sitting, outside of the few proven possible long term pieces we already have (Tkachuk, Chabot, Paul, C. Brown, Murray), we only have unproven/not full proven pieces to watch? Norris and Batherson?

What a rebuild.

Habs have Suzuki, Romanov, Kotkaniemi and Evans, but I don't know, I feel they are much more likely to make the playoffs and even win some rounds.

This rebuild is progressively getting off the rails.

Fixed.

If he follows the veteran leadership, then yes.

If he doesn't, that's on him.

Habs also have Mete and yeah they aren't in a rebuild and they are playing quite well.

I suspect that Norris will show some inconsistency in the coming weeks (to be expected for a player of his age/experience) and will get sent down. It will be telling who replaces him on the lineup when/if this happens. If it's White, Brown or even Chlapik then I'm fine with that. If it's just shuffling Paquette, Anisimov, Galchenyuk or heaven forbid Michael Haley we can safely say that the organization does not view this as a rebuilding year.

In that case the only thing we can do is.......BUCKLE UP!!!

Reactions: Xspyrit

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Paquette has been the worst player on the ice these last two games, IMO. It's bewildering that he's still getting in this line-up over Whitey.

I think the problem is the assumption that White is a possible replacement for Paquette. Paquette is currently playing LW and expected to be a key contributor to the PK. Colin White has next to no experience on the PK in the NHL and is a right shot.

Reactions: swiftwin

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Maybe the worst PP unit ever assembled.

Combined, they have 121 career power play goals. Bit of an exaggeration, no?

Our 1st PP unit has 37 career power play goals.

Stepan alone has more career PPG (41) than our entire 1st PP unit. Galchenyuk too (38).

Mike Reilly has as many career power play goals as Chabot, with only 2 fewer games played.

Reactions: NyQuil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad