Post-Game Talk: Senators 6, Penguins 3 - This Team Isn't Worth A Pithy Thread Title

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
But that’s bizarre to me because the last few years he’s been our best forward and like one of the best in the league.

Like I guess are you equating Pasta to a complimentary winger than?

I mean, Pasta's a better dangler than Jake. Pasta routinely makes filthy passes to complement what Marchand does with the puck. How often do we see Jake being the one generating a bunch of chances every game?

It's weird where you basically say you're most worried about Jake, but then disagree with me about what I said about him. Half the time I feel like you have two different people posting under your account.

Exactly what *IS* your issue with him that makes you worried about him if he's not what I described?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I mean, Pasta's a better dangler than Jake. Pasta routinely makes filthy passes to complement what Marchand does with the puck. How often do we see Jake being the one generating a bunch of chances every game?

It's weird where you basically say you're most worried about Jake, but then disagree with me about what I said about him. Half the time I feel like you have two different people posting under your account.

Exactly what *IS* your issue with him that makes you worried about him if he's not what I described?

I mean Jake was doing regular baller shit less than a year ago.

I’m worried about him because he’s getting outplayed by Bryan Rust this year. He’s just there. He’s not generating anything on his own and that’s just odd.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Jake leads our team in PP TOI and has contributed 1 assist. You don’t think that is a problem?
I think he's counteracted some of that with 5v5 production. Yeah, he's not playing great there but neither are his 4 friends. I think his PP stats will improve with Crosby's return.

Jake's low on my list of concerns right now. The PP needs to be reformatted. Some changes in bottom 6 personnel are warranted. Boyle and ZAR out. Simon and Puustinen in.
We're not getting the goaltending from our backup as well.

Getting Dumo and Petts back tomorrow should help a lot.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We're not making the playoffs! You can't piss away two points tonight like this and aspect to get to the post season. I've said this for several weeks now but it's time (by TDL) to start selling off some high priced talent.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Guentzal has 8 ES points in 12 games. That's the same as

MacKinnon
Huberdeau
Point
Marner

While playing with much worse linemates. So I ask, what are your expectations for him?

Reactions: Night Shift

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
DeSmith should be demoted today. Burke probably needs to step in and make a move. Sleepy had all off season to address this and failed.

I wonder who is available out there and at what cost?

Last edited:

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The big positive is that I fast-forwarded most of the game after that 5 on 3, it was obvious what was going to happen.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Jake has 9 points in 12 games. A 61 point pace. That seems about right without any center worth a damned for him to play with to be honest. What more are people expecting? That'd he be a PPG player on his own without Crosby? Jake's career PPG is .85. This season he's at .75. Not that far off. A bit of a drop off seems justified given Crosby is out.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd take Jake not being outplayed by guys like E-Rod, McGinn and Heinen night in and night out, points notwithstanding.

The Ponikarovsky theory posits that points will come when a guy gets top line minutes and top PP time. /shrug

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'd take Jake not being outplayed by guys like E-Rod, McGinn and Heinen night in and night out, points notwithstanding.

The Ponikarovsky theory posits that points will come when a guy gets top line minutes and top PP time. /shrug

Not sure I'd agree McGinn has outplayed him. Or Heinen for that matter. Heinen is even more of a ghost off the puck even than Jake is. Erod, I'll give you. But Erod has been insanely good lol.

In any case I don't think Jake's overall production has been unreasonable. I doubt even McDavid's production wouldn't suffer if he lost Draisaitl for a while. It's not like Jake's offense is a complete blackhole. It's barely off his career rates.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Not sure I'd agree McGinn has outplayed him. Or Heinen for that matter. Heinen is even more of a ghost off the puck even than Jake is. Erod, I'll give you. But Erod has been insanely good lol.

In any case I don't think Jake's overall production has been unreasonable. I doubt even McDavid's production wouldn't suffer if he lost Draisaitl for a while. It's not like Jake's offense is a complete blackhole. It's barely off his career rates.
I'd also take Jake simply being a ghost off the puck as opposed to a defensive liability. :laugh:

Agree on E-Rod. Dude's lack of finish is frustrating but he's been genuinely good. But the fact remains, Jake shouldn't be getting outplayed by dudes like him night in and night out--and badly. Kap's sucked too, anomalous hat trick game aside.

Reactions: Pancakes

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012

At least we didn't give up this goal, which is genuinely the worst goal against I've ever seen.

Makes sense with those jerseys. Dudes are out there playin' f***ing lasertag or something.

No one can talk negatively against the Monster Energy Drink designed uniforms.

VYH05.jpg
cut.jpg

Reactions: Tacitus Kilgore

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
All things considered awful game...few takeaways

ZAR is not worth any amount of salary. He is a complete hindrance offensively and I don't care what 'analytics' show he doesn't look great optically defensively anyway.

CDS is small and plays small. Not a good goaltender even as a backup.

Boyle...I'd prefer we get him back to 13th forward role if ever possible.

ERod- more like Elite. Good on him producing when given his chances. At least he plays like he cares. Lookin at you Rust and Jake.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
All things considered awful game...few takeaways

ZAR is not worth any amount of salary. He is a complete hindrance offensively and I don't care what 'analytics' show he doesn't look great optically defensively anyway.

CDS is small and plays small. Not a good goaltender even as a backup.

Boyle...I'd prefer we get him back to 13th forward role if ever possible.

ERod- more like Elite. Good on him producing when given his chances. At least he plays like he cares. Lookin at you Rust and Jake.

Boyle was the most horrific Pen last night not named CDS…he does zilch at ES…he better be out,even over ZAR, but Sullivan is too attached to these players that are limited one trick ponies….

Reactions: vodeni and Al Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad