Post-Game Talk: Senators 3 Leafs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
He was a 30 goal guy and a PPG player his entire career on terrible coached teams with very average players at best. He earned his contract and could've got paid more to go play in California.

He's been here 3 seasons and we made the playoffs all 3 and he played well the 1st series. 2nd series he could've been better and last series he only played less than 10 mins?

Every team is in need of top tier centers. Without Tavares who is our #2C? Kadri? Kerfoot? Much easier to find better wingers who'll sign cheap then it is to find better centers who sign cheap and play in the top 6. Take Tavares out of our lineup and then what? Where does that money go to? Do we use most of that to re sign Rielly? Give me an example of what our lineup possibly could look like if we never signed him because I'm actually interested in seeing it because I doubt you can find a top 6 C who can bring what he does offensively and defensively.
your right the world would end if we didn't sign Yanni Pajamas just like the Islanders fell apart the second he left . lol

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
your right the world would end if we didn't sign Yanni Pajamas just like the Islanders fell apart the second he left . lol

Starting to sound like an Islanders fan there now. All I asked for was a roster without Tavares in it since you said he's ruined this team by signing here and you can't even do that?

Reactions: francis246

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Starting to sound like an Islanders fan there now. All I asked for was a roster without Tavares in it since you said he's ruined this team by signing here and you can't even do that?
actually you sound like a fan of every team JT has ever been on blaming everyone else for the teams short comings except for poor little Yanni , lol

you want a roster using his cap hit ,

insert Petro delete JT and Muzzin , use the millions in cap savings for a 2nd line C and better quality forward depth

and i can post countless other ways we could have spent his cap but dealing in hypotheticals to make you happy means nothing because the fact is this team is no better with JT than without him regardless of how hard some in this fan base have thrown everyone else under the bus to defend him

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
He's played for 2 teams and 1 of them is the team I cheer for so of course I'm a JT fan. You blame JT when he's been far from the problem on this team and then say we could've signed Pietrangelo with that money when goal scoring has been our problem in the playoffs and not defence. JT has 4 goals in his last 12 playoff games, Nylander has 7 in the last 12, Marner 0 in last 12 and Matthews 3 in his last 12. So again, the problems are with this core not scoring when it comes playoff time and last year Nylander stepped up, JT got injured and the other 2 together only scored 1.

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
our core isn't all elite , AM and Marner are but JT isn't and it is yet to be seen if our D and goalies are the best we've had in a long time

the team has failed to advance for 5 straight years , the last 2 against supposedly weaker teams and it's on all of them including JT who did little his first 2 playoffs with us

also JT didn't earn a bigger contract , ufa's get overpaid which is fine but the problem is we overpaid for a player who doesn't play a position we were in need of and that is where the problem lies

do you understand how turn over works? with or without Tavares the Islanders were turning the corner that year. It's pure coincidence and a lot of luck that most of their prospects were ready to graduate at the same time Tavares had decided to leave. The leafs went through a similar transition with Phil Kessel. We moved on from the Kessel, Phaneuf, Bozak, JVR era and the next season most of our prospects were ready to graduate the Marlies. That has nothing to do with Tavares, you don't think if the Islanders could go back they wouldn't sign Tavares? Don't be naive, the Islanders wanted Tavares just as badly as we did.

You made an equivalent to basketball earlier. Now I'm going to make the same, the NHL is not the NBA. One player cannot single handedly win you a championship, if it could go that way McDavid would have lifted Edmonton to glory by now. In the NHL you need the right combination of players, you need lucky breaks, you need to be healthy, there are 100x more factors that go into winning a Stanley Cup compared to the NBA.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Bet.

We win the first round of the playoffs Mr i can judge already.

You can't say winning a round is nowhere, given our history.

So just take the bet.

Leafs win the first round of the playoffs, you leave this forum for a year. Leafs lose or don't make the playoffs, I'm off for a year.

Just take the bet, you're so confident.

You’re on.

Mods, remember this post.

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Feel the same way about the Lightning? Opened the season with a 6-2 loss to a Pens team that was missing their top 3 players - Crosby, Malkin and Guentzel. Then barely eaked out an OT win against a weak Detroit team, took a crazy comeback (they were down by 3 halfway through the 3rd).

I have plenty of pessimism about the Leafs too, but we’re 2 games into the season, it’s far, far too early to be making strong judgements.

Please tell me you didn’t compare us to the Lightning. Lol.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

It's impossible to tell what they would have spent the 11 million dollars on, though it's a pretty safe bet that it would be more than nothing. At the very least, we could have kept Kapanen, Johnson, Kadri, Hyman, etc.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Bet.

We win the first round of the playoffs Mr i can judge already.

You can't say winning a round is nowhere, given our history.

So just take the bet.

Leafs win the first round of the playoffs, you leave this forum for a year. Leafs lose or don't make the playoffs, I'm off for a year.

Just take the bet, you're so confident.

P.S, just for the record, I pray to god that I am wrong. I would happily leave this place for a year if it means the Leafs at the very least make it to the 2nd round. But, I just don’t see that happening.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
P.S, just for the record, I pray to god that I am wrong. I would happily leave this place for a year if it means the Leafs at the very least make it to the 2nd round. But, I just don’t see that happening.

I hope you're wrong as well lol, nah we need to break through that ceiling this year, if we don't its major change time, i think the boys will dig deep and win at least a round.

I appreciate your just for the record though, going to make this victory of mine taste a bit funny, but don't worry I'll finish the cup ;) lol.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I hope you're wrong as well lol, nah we need to break through that ceiling this year, if we don't its major change time, i think the boys will dig deep and win at least a round.

I appreciate your just for the record though, going to make this victory of mine taste a bit funny, but don't worry I'll finish the cup ;) lol.

I just don’t see it unless Matthews and Marner somehow figure it out come the playoffs. And even then, it won’t be easy considering that they’re likely going to have to play 1 of The Bolts, Bruins or Panthers in the first round.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I don’t think JT is the problem. The problem is the cap, if only there is no cap, JT’s contract won’t be a problem.

jokes aside.

Whenever a player is not performing, his contract will become a problem.
JT is JT, I think he is doing fine as a Leafs, but he does need to show up in the playoffs. I am not talking about this past season.
Also, maybe it is the system but JT used to make 4th liners look like Top 6, I am still waiting to see that from
him as Captain.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
Impressive. The refs, the video review people in Toronto, the coaches, the broadcast crew, and 99% of the people watching the game all got that call wrong, and only a very few Leafs fans got it right.
All that proves is that you can use semantics to change the meaning of anything, to fit whichever point you are trying to prove.

kick
noun
Definition of kick (Entry 2 of 2)
1a : a blow or sudden forceful thrust with the foot specifically : a sudden propelling of a ball with the foot

You got a problem redefining something you want to take it up with Websters not Leafs fans.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I love the way, tampa plays hockey....methinks kyle and keerer do as well. WE JUST dont have a hedman yet...

but may i ntroduce lilly to us all.

I am biased, i love lilly and no, me likes women only but i have a big man crush on that guy for some reason.

Good to see tyler ennis still playing, honest hockey player nce

Last edited:

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
My god....How is brown nose stll on the ar....

Gotta gve don cherry all the credit in the world how he ddnt dump on this prick is way beyond me

phil esposito, man, no way cbc would hire a huge talent like phil... he didnt put up with any shit, he could have beaten up brown nose, on his frst telecast.

all phil did was win the most imp;ortant series of all time and build the greatest franchise in nhl history which no believed in

jts a crime and a shame we dont get to hear phil esp;osito

waaaay too real for the nhl same for his brother, best goale in nhl history

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
All that proves is that you can use semantics to change the meaning of anything, to fit whichever point you are trying to prove.

kick
noun
Definition of kick (Entry 2 of 2)
1a : a blow or sudden forceful thrust with the foot specifically : a sudden propelling of a ball with the foot

You got a problem redefining something you want to take it up with Websters not Leafs fans.
I suspect that perhaps you, and certainly one of the people who 'liked' that post, missed my sarcasm.

Seriously, just about everyone, including all the people who are required to understand the rule, agree that both goals were good.

The definition you provided agrees with both the rule and the application. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad