Post-Game Talk: Senators 3, Leafs 2. Reimer not enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
trade the whole team im done with them who do they think they are losing a preseason game.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The Good: Reimer, JVR, Gardiner, Bozak, Clarkson, Phaneuf

The Bad: Colborne, Ashton, McClement, Broll, Ranger

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'm predicting it now, Lehner is going to steal the #1 spot from Anderson by All-Star break.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Gardiner's really impressed me this preseason. He's there offensively, he's there defensively. He looks like he has the makings of a top pairing defenseman.

leafstilldeath*

So a loaded Toronto Team gets beaten by Ottawa AHLers lol :shakehead:

I hope this is just an effect of the Sabres BS with Clarkson and Kessel suspended.

And what the hell was up with our defense tonight? Stupid giveaways and bad positioning leading to easy entry by Ottawa. That was BAD!

And once again outshot. Carlyle better do something about it. Am sick of leafs getting outshot and playing mostly in their own end. Need to be better Buds.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

I hope this is just an effect of the Sabres BS with Clarkson and Kessel suspended.

And what the hell was up with our defense tonight? Stupid giveaways and bad positioning leading to easy entry by Ottawa. That was BAD!

lol

We did that last Thursday.

Calm yourself.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Great game from Reimer tonight against the Sens as usual. I hope we end up meeting in the playoffs when all is said and done. It's been too long and we need a chance at redemption :)

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Lehner is going to be something. The sens have a pretty good prospect pool, its exciting.

It's preseason, not a big deal.

leafstilldeath*

Great game from Reimer tonight against the Sens as usual. I hope we end up meeting in the playoffs when all is said and done. It's been too long and we need a chance at redemption :)

It won't be the same without Alfie. Who do we boo now? lol :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Defense was horrible, they had so many odd man rushes it was crazy, Should have been like 10-2 if it wasn't for Reimer.

2nd goal was likely kicked in so while it was a loss, probably should have been 2-2 going to OT, not like it matters anyway.

Pin it on a letdown from the Buffalo game, but we can't have a performance like that when it really matters

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Ottawa kicked some ass last season and it seemed like their whole team was AHLers last year (to start the season). Never will I underestimate Ottawa if they have a bunch of AHLers playing (unless it's the playoffs, we always win those games :sarcasm:)

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

You want a Leafs-Sens playoff match? You must be a real masochist :laugh:

leafstilldeath*

lol

We did that last Thursday.

Calm yourself.

I know. It almost feels like it was fixed from before that AHLers will win it before getting cut lol. You know something like a going away present lol

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
And you think that was our A team?

closer to our A team then they were to theirs but it doesn't really matter, we beat their A team with out B team last week, and it's preseason, plus one of their goals was likely kicked in.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I have no doubt that the Senators 2nd goal was kicked in and if this was a regular season game it goes to video review, then chances are it's disallowed. However since it's only pre-season I didn't get to upset.

leafstilldeath*

Lehner is going to be something. The sens have a pretty good prospect pool, its exciting.

It's preseason, not a big deal.

Ottawa's goalie pool was awesome

Anderson
Bishop
Lehner

Its stupid that they traded Bishop. Good for us I guess lol but still...Also the return they got was meh...

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto

And once again outshot. Carlyle better do something about it. Am sick of leafs getting outshot and playing mostly in their own end. Need to be better Buds.

This won't change under Carlyle. The Ducks weren't exactly a great possession team under Carlyle.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Quite a sloppy game. Not impressed by most of the team, especially the first two periods. JVR looks great, Colborne looked poor. Ranger's worst game of preseason, IMO. Reimer was a monster, 37 saves or 37 shots? Defense didn't look too solid. Rielly looked good. Was hoping one of the youngsters trying to make the team would show more.

Ottawa made the most of their chances, some good bounces. They passed and controlled the puck better. Lehner with some nice saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad