Senator Fans....

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
Just want to come in here and say, as a Bruins fan, I LOVE Sens fans

You guys are probably the most measured, fair and overall good natured fanbase to talk hockey with. I also always liked your team and how they play

So many other fan bases get so caught up in dumb side stuff and petty vendettas. I think you can guess which ones I mean. They're to the left and right of you, geographically. It can really make reading through a thread frustrating, when people are just super bitter and speak from nothing but hate for another team, without allowing any rational thought to enter in to what they're saying

But you guys? You guys are good s###'s. Keep being awesome. If my teams out of it, I'll be rooting for yours

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
After last years playoffs especially, can't help but cheer for Boston if they are playing anyone other than us.

LkKGInA.gif

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I think I speak for most Sens fans when I say that the feeling is mutual. I'm sure the ex-Sens prescence on the B's with guys like Chara, Kelly, etc helps that. Kudos for saying that after we just beat you too (sorry, had to get that dig in, since you guys have dominated us for years now). I really didn't like the Seidenberg elbow on Ryan though, I thought that was pretty dirty and cheap (no offence). What are Bruins' fans point of view on that?

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
I think I speak for most Sens fans when I say that the feeling is mutual. I'm sure the ex-Sens prescence on the B's with guys like Chara, Kelly, etc helps that. Kudos for saying that after we just beat you too (sorry, had to get that dig in, since you guys have dominated us for years now). I really didn't like the Seidenberg elbow on Ryan though, I thought that was pretty dirty and cheap (no offence). What are Bruins' fans point of view on that?

I felt bad about it, but didn't see any intent

It looked like they were both coming in fast for the puck, Seidenberg raised his arm to bang/hit/shove Ryan off the puck, but at the last second Ryan stopped short, like he was going to try to reach out, pull the puck with him and go the other direction with it.

Seidenberg was expecting him to come all the way in and for there to be a collision. If there was the elbow would have been chest high. Ryan had different ideas. Him stopping where he did, his head staying low and Seidenbergs arm staying high is more the reason for what happened then any ill intent from Seidenberg, IMO

Though, yes, I AM a Bruins fan. But I really just didn't see anything malicious there

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I felt bad about it, but didn't see any intent

It looked like they were both coming in fast for the puck, Seidenberg raised his arm to bang/hit/shove Ryan off the puck, but at the last second Ryan stopped short, like he was going to try to reach out, pull the puck with him and go the other direction with it.

Seidenberg was expecting him to come all the way in and for there to be a collision. If there was the elbow would have been chest high. Ryan had different ideas. Him stopping where he did, his head staying low and Seidenbergs arm staying high is more the reason for what happened then any ill intent from Seidenberg, IMO

Though, yes, I AM a Bruins fan. But I really just didn't see anything malicious there

Meh, I don't know about that, there was really no reason to stick an elbow out regardless. You are supposed to hit with your body, not your elbow, there is a reason elbowing is a penalty in the NHL. I can see your point of view, but I just don't see a reason to stick the elbow out, whether Ryan stopped short or not. Agree to disagree I guess, it makes sense that both a Boston and Ottawa fan would be slightly biased in their own players' favour.

I'm not surprised that there was no suspension or fine, as I truly beleive that Shanahan has something against the Ottawa organization, even back to his days as a player when he mocked our players, who at the time did postgame interviews on exercise bikes.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I didn't think I could like the Bruins any more than I already did, but then they went and traded away Tim Thomas.

Easily the most likeable team in our division that is not us.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
My three most hated teams are the Leafs, Habs, and Penguins and the Bruins regularly embarrass and piss off those franchises. What's not to love?

muffin with tentacle

Jan 28, 2006
Ottawa
After we eliminated each other's rivals with different but equally effective humiliations, I can't help but feel the bromance.

But I'm sorry I can't stand how your colour guy says "Rabbin Lenna".

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
My three most hated teams are the Leafs, Habs, and Penguins and the Bruins regularly embarrass and piss off those franchises. What's not to love?

After we eliminated each other's rivals with different but equally effective humiliations, I can't help but feel the bromance.

This is exactly how I feel about Beantown. :cheers:

Except for Jack Edwards. I don't even know what that guy's watching half the time. :laugh:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Unlike some of the tinfoil arguments in this thread, I don't think there was intent, Seidenberg is reputationally clean, and Ryan wasn't injured.

I might have gone with a fine or a short suspension due to recklessness but it's no big deal.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I kinda always liked the Bruins from way back and now I love 'em even more after they COMPLETLEY HUMILIATING TORONTO last year in the playoffs!! :yo: :handclap:

Nothing brought tears to my eyes like the scene that it was in Laafland last spring. Tears of joy!! :cry:

As long as you're not playing my Sens, it's the Bruins for me! Both of our teams play tough and aren't ******* those little turds down the highway to East of us!! :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad