WC: Semifinal Pre-Game Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Looks like Panarin just started another Cold War

:D

Hard to believe Russia will lose two in a row vs this USA team.

And isn't it most of the times in such of tournaments, if teams meet twice, team who lost the first match wins the second one. I'am pretty sure I heard something along those lines.

Ilyeu

Jan 10, 2010
I hope both Canada vs Russia go through. I want to see Crosby vs Ovechkin! I don't think we'll get another opportunity to see those two go at it in the International level like this ever again. Also it would be the finals.

Jaan

May 10, 2013
I hope both Canada vs Russia go through. I want to see Crosby vs Ovechkin! I don't think we'll get another opportunity to see those two go at it in the International level like this ever again. Also it would be the finals.

That would be fun! (Also Malkin vs Crosby)
I'm rooting for a NA-final. Although I'm not feeling confident about it, USA really has to step up to beat the Russians again.

The Dream Team certainly deserves a spot in the final so I hope they blow-out the Czechs but then fall short off the gold in an epic battle v. US.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
That would be fun! (Also Malkin vs Crosby)
I'm rooting for a NA-final. Although I'm not feeling confident about it, USA really has to step up to beat the Russians again.

The Dream Team certainly deserves a spot in the final so I hope they blow-out the Czechs but then fall short off the gold in an epic battle v. US.

I laugh when people consider this Canada's "Dream Team." Lots of offense in this version of Team Canada, but there exists so many holes in the roster compared to our Olympic team (aka the real Dream Team).

Antonglk

Dec 28, 2012
Moscow, Russia
That guy definitely is on the prowl for some canadian spanking... (hope Noah Burns is not on Twitter) :help:

This statement doesn't mean that he thinks team US are schoolboys. He just wanted to troll those Russian "experts" who after first game said that shamefull Russia lost to the US schoolboys.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I laugh when people consider this Canada's "Dream Team." Lots of offense in this version of Team Canada, but there exists so many holes in the roster compared to our Olympic team (aka the real Dream Team).

That really cracks me up as well. Take the Olympic captain along with Canada's 12/13 forward (Duchene) along with the 7th D-man (Hamhuis) and throw in Canada's 3rd string goaltender who didn't see a minute of action in Sochi and call it the Dream Team. This version of Team Canada is not even close to a dream team...but they are lighting it up...good to see...but I think the blowouts are over though. The next 2 games for whatever medal Canada is playing will be close.

Antonglk

Dec 28, 2012
Moscow, Russia
That really cracks me up as well. Take the Olympic captain along with Canada's 12/13 forward (Duchene) along with the 7th D-man (Hamhuis) and throw in Canada's 3rd string goaltender who didn't see a minute of action in Sochi and call it the Dream Team. This version of Team Canada is not even close to a dream team...but they are lighting it up...good to see I think the blowouts are over though. The next 2 games for whatever medal Canada is playing for will close.

It should be considered as a dream team in WC perspective. Just comparing to previous Canada rosters.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Hoping for the Czechs to make it but I guess the most probable final is Canada-Russia with Canada winning relatively easily. Can't really see this Russia with lots of strong players losing twice to the USA (which has played way above their paygrade).

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
It should be considered as a dream team in WC perspective. Just comparing to previous Canada rosters.

compared to the 8 players on the 2012 WHC team that would go on to play in Sochi less than 2 years later. please. all this talk of dream team is just silliness.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
compared to the 8 players on the 2012 WHC team that would go on to play in Sochi less than 2 years later. please. all this talk of dream team is just silliness.

Canada will destroy all these teams.

Canada's defense crushes everyone. And their forwards are the best. Goalies have been good as well. As an overall package D+F+G there is no one even close.

Not sillyness. This is the 2014 TC Olympic Team in WC format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad