GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden 3, Russia 4 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
This might be the first time I am cheering for the Russians over the Swedes, but I can't wait for the coach of Sweden to choke on his words.

How would a loss to Russia make him choke on his words? :laugh:
If anythiing it would prove him right.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I think Lehner's main advantage is also his biggest flaw. He's a huge guy and covers a lot of the net with his insane size, but because of that he is not very mobile and it hurts him sometimes.

I hate the Sens, but I think he'll be a fine keeper in the future, though.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
This might be the first time I am cheering for the Russians over the Swedes, but I can't wait for the coach of Sweden to choke on his words.

AMEN! I've said it ever since he came out after the win against Canada. It will come back and bite them in the back side. You just do not come out and say stuff like that. Gives off a bad karma. And now a PP for Russia! Loving this!

Swiftmask

Jul 12, 2010
Nova Scotia

But if Russia wins isn't that just proving the Swedish coach right? That Russia is more competition than Canada because Russia would of beaten his team and Canada did not?

And on topic, Swedish looks underwhelming. To long of a break between games?

Evil Romano

Jan 3, 2011
Bassano Vicenza
I hate to ask, but does anyone know where I can watch this seemingly unwatchable game? I have no TV... :(

Russia just scored? Wow. Its gonna be a wild one.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
If Sweden plays the way they can, they should take this.
They should start pounding them and facewash them.
Russians are fragile mentally.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
How does he choke on his words if we lose against the Russia which he praised?

Cause he was acting all cocky after a preliminary game. As a coach you should act humble after a win, don't mention other teams or other games or which team was easier, coaches shouldn't do that. Like I've said you never hear Canadian coaches mention other teams or other games, they talk about the game at hand. I'm not sure if it's just how as Canadians we deal with the media, but players and coaches are the same. A lot of cliches and they say a lot without really saying anything at all if you know what I mean.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If Sweden plays the way they can, they should take this.
They should start pounding them and facewash them.
Russians are fragile mentally.

Yup, gotta start finishing the checks. They might not feel it now, but come 3rd period it will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad