GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden 3, Russia 4 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fregus

Modo Hockey
Dec 12, 2009
What a terrible, terrible game by the Swedes, at their worst when it matters the most, agian. I'm so ****ing tired of these losses in the big games every single year!!

Aptur

Sep 13, 2009
Too bad that Sweden played horribly the first two periods, lost us the game. We can't blame the ref for losing, you just simply can not stop playing before the play is dead.

Great effort by the russian team. Even more impressive considering the short rest they got between their games.

Congrats Russia and have fun in the final.

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
the Swedes have had some great teams including this year.
they cannot seem to win the big game, is it coaching do they have no heart what is the problem?

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Some embarrassing comments by some Canadians. Does it really feel that good to see Sweden lose that you have to rub it at their faces?

Muren

Jan 3, 2011
Congratulations russia, good defensive play, bring home the gold to Europe. We will ensure that Canada gets no medal :p:

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Wow, you ought to be a Joker. Even your announcers, coaches, fans - hell EVERYONE even with the slightest affiliation with Canada trash talks before games.

Not talking about fans. We're talking about players and coaches.

So when did a Canadian player or coach talk trash about a team before they played?

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
who the F cares anymore. It was a great game. Sweden Rocks! but Russia was better today. Lehner was terrible and Amazing. Did you see the refs in the 1st?

Good game Russia. take it easy on the alkihol tonight though

Go USA!!!!!

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
man, this Russian team has the guts. Second game in a row, they tie it with like one minute remaining and then somehow pull off a victory.

Fantastic performance already regardless of the gold medal game result!

РОССИЯ!!

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
One thing I love about the International boards when Sweden loses is that the Canadian(and ONLY Canadian) trolls come out in full force, perfect time to build the ignore list. Even a mod trolling after a game Canada didn't even play, un freaking believable.

Kudos however to the Canadians that come here in peace and actually comment the game, I'm making sure to give you a +1 in my books aswell :)

How is it any different when Canada loses except for that the American and other Euro trolls gang up with the Swedish ones?

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
Russia deserves this game, they wanted it more. Sweden..way to drop the ball, where was the effort?

The effort came in the third and the shot stats show that. In overtime it was all Sweden but they just couldn't get the puck in. It was a even game and it could go either way.

Sweden in the end have themselves to blame, they didn't start all guns blazing and the 3-3 goal was very very weak. That should never have happened.

And even though the icing call was brutal you can't blame this on the refs. They are human and will make mistakes like every other player on the ice. As long as there is not a big imbalance in who profits from the mistakes there's not that much to complain about.

Antraxh

Jan 5, 2009
Nemeth was terribad. He sucked almost as epically as Vatanen.

What was the problem with his game? I thought he looked solid for the most part. The whole team lacked intensity and speed datot in the game and that Will put all defenders on their heels.

Rust Cohle

Pessimist
Nov 4, 2009
Sweden
Congrats to Russia. Nice comeback yesterday and a deserved win today considering the lack of rest between the games.

I think Adam Larsson (1+2) showed in this game why he's a top prospect altough he looks a bit timid in the defensive zone sometimes. Jesper Fasth also had a good game.

Didn't like Nemeth's game.

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
That's what Sweden gets for talking big after winning a round robin game.

I'll say it again because this seems to be Canadians' biggest pet peeve for one reason or another...

Give it a rest. Sweden won a very important game in regulation and celebrated appropriately. The quote from the Swedish coach was an honest remark from how he saw things and his team play (i.e., his perspective) and this ranting about Sweden getting what they deserve is just idiotic.

The world doesn't revolve around us.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
the Swedes have had some great teams including this year.
they cannot seem to win the big game, is it coaching do they have no heart what is the problem?

Tactical, IMO. There's a ton of heart.

Talus

Nov 2, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Too bad that Sweden played horribly the first two periods, lost us the game. We can't blame the ref for losing, you just simply can not stop playing before the play is dead.

Great effort by the russian team. Even more impressive considering the short rest they got between their games.

Congrats Russia and have fun in the final.

you seem to be a very knowledgeable fan.

Sayuri

Dec 30, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Not talking about fans. We're talking about players and coaches.

So when did a Canadian player or coach talk trash about a team before they played?

This I think is a problem. There will always be fans that trash talk, thats just sports. I have never witnessed any Canadian coach or player say anything remotely negative or cocky towards another team. For some reason other fans don't acknowledge this, I'm not sure why.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Does anyone have the vid of the Russian players singing their national anthem? I missed it. And I want to see it because of what Mckenzie said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad