GDT: Semifinal • Sweden vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

matzz

Dec 28, 2013
Finland
Better team won. Some bad calls, but **** happens. It's still up to the team to play a good PK, to take possession of the game, and to create chances to win. Sweden did none of it.

Thats a class right there, well done. You guys just didnt came up to your standard today

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Before lynching the ref, the 2+10 from where he was standing looked like a shoulder to the head. You can see it from the replay. Anyway, good fun game, and Swedush goalie was excellent. Respect.

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
Finland's winner was on a crappy penalty call but the Swedes can't complain too much after scoring only once and coming out flat in the third.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Sweden's worst game of the tournament, unfortunately. Thought we'd win, but the lads just seemed out of place - very few playing as well as one could expect. Finland gained momentum from their quick goals (following a couple of very weak calls), and we just couldn't get back in it after that.

Congratz Finland, well-deserved win.

Out of place? Before the game changer by the refs two PP from actions not by the swedes finns got momentum of that. Clear ehen the game changed. After that swedes were tired. It tough when the officials do this but if any team could come back from this its the swedes i thought

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Seems like Grönborg did nothing to turn the tide either, rolling all four lines the entire game, haha...

Daimon

Sep 1, 2006
Before lynching the ref, the 2+10 from where he was standing looked like a shoulder to the head. You can see it from the replay. Anyway, good fun game, and Swedush goalie was excellent. Respect.

Yeah. I think it was a good call.

PJM

Feb 18, 2006
I feel like we were better overall but it's a shame that the win came from 2 phantom calls.

Our first goal was scored 14 seconds after the penalty had expired. So Sweden had enough men to cover Hintz, they just didn't.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Sweden had the ridiculous home refs in Malmo 2014 but still didnt beat finland who was missing barkov, maatta etc... Stop crying and take the loss. Finland was clearly the better team

I'll be honest, I hate to see the game winning goal scored on the pp after a horrible call. But that's the way it goes often at the WJC's. The Swede's got the worst of it today.

I doubt any Finn has forgotten how badly the ref's tried to screw us in Malmö 2014, I sure haven't. So I guess we're even for now.

Besides the Swede's had almost half the game to tie it.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015
I like the Finns, but this is now both elimination games they have won by one goal on extremely questionable powerplays.

Seems very weak to simply non-existent calls consistently going in the Finns' favour this tournament, while blatant hits from behind aren't called on them.

I was pulling for the Finns from the start of the tourney but I don't think I can root for them in the finals. The Reffing has gifted them both elimination games.

The game vs Canada was not questionable.Vitanen knocked stick out of hand bigtime and Hickett fired puck over glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad