GDT: Semifinal • Feb. 21 • Sweden vs. Finland • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
No, absolutely it isn't. Actually, I'm getting quite bored at the tabloids on each side exploiting this rivalry - they couldn't care less about sport, it's just cold blooded, calculated business for them, cynically manipulating the masses and it's sad to see how many people still will fall for it.

It's funny because I've began to think like that too. It's not even about the teams, it's about the people, because you get more readers that way.

Yeah, I'm beginning to see the picture. We have a rivalry. But it's a competition that builds us both.
Then we have those guys, apparently on both sides, who start s**t when they have nothing better to do. I say, "F" 'em.

Sleeptalker*

Flashback is awesome in some aspects and you get relevant answers to serious questions but parts of the forum almost makes me depressed. I never knew Swedes were so depraved.

Totally scary stuff. From time to time.

And I can't even imagine forums like this (and youth!) in other civilized modern (hockey!) countries like Canada and Finland!

If Flashback Forum is what Sweden, and its younger population has to come up with nowadays, and in the near future, the Tre Kronor will follow.

Depraved was the word ...

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
Aaagh!! Why does this have to be so civilized. Please thrash us so I get to return the favor in 4 years! :sarcasm:

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
I keep hearing this from Swedes and I still don't understand what it's about. I've never felt inferior in my life so what's behind that?

Well you might be out of touch, it happens to sannfinländare, but it will pass.

Aaagh!! Why does this have to be so civilized. Please thrash us so I get to return the favor in 4 years! :sarcasm:

Because we really do not care that much, that is why we are polite (coming from one who rather would be a part of Norway, but it goes with the territory).

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
Swedes won, can't question the victory.

But can someone tell me why OEL gets zero minutes, while Oduya gets 22 mins?

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Swedes won, can't question the victory.

But can someone tell me why OEL gets zero minutes, while Oduya gets 22 mins?

Oduya did well so nothing against him, have liked him since he moved over to the NHL to be honest, but yes, it is a bit strange to leave out one of our best defenders. Sure, he have not looked his best so far but who among the Swedes except for Karlsson and Lundqvist have? The rest of the players have been allowed to play their way in to shape but OEL somehow must have done something really wrong.

tuozzi

Dec 9, 2011
Turku
Totally scary stuff. From time to time.

And I can't even imagine forums like this (and youth!) in other civilized modern (hockey!) countries like Canada and Finland!

If Flashback Forum is what Sweden, and its younger population has to come up with nowadays, and in the near future, the Tre Kronor will follow.

Depraved was the word ...

OK, never read flashback but seriously it can't be any worse than similar forums all over the world. Internet anonymity brings out the worst in people. People are ***holes when they don't have a real contact with each other, in politics, in traffic, in internet

Sleeptalker*

Kick to kill Finland!

Granlund, Barkov, Vatanen, Määttä and the rest o' the Finland young lot will kill 'em all in four years to come.

No more and no less.

And they will not be civilized, no way José!

But some of 'em will already kick the World in the teeth already in Belarus. Remember.

There is a Worlchampionship lurkin' around the corner ...

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Of course gold is what is important but getting an Olympic medal in any other color is an achievement as well and I would be furious if Tre Kronor did not show up for a bronze game and treated it like ****.

You should always try and win.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Of course gold is what is important but getting an Olympic medal in any other color is an achievement as well and I would be furious if Tre Kronor did not show up for a bronze game and treated it like ****.

You should always try and win.

You're going to be more furious when Sweden doesn't show up for the Gold medal game. :laugh:

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
Well yeah but to just assume your going to beat Canada is pretty presumptuous. Especially considering most of the game was in Finland's end the vast majority of the time. Finland had a total of six shots on goal in the second period, third period and overtime combined. None of which were good scoring chances. I will admit it was good team defense and Great Goaltending by Finland. In my opinion Canada/USA games are so much more entertaining to watch because the game is more wide open and fast paced. But you gotta stick with what works I guess.

True, Canada did work for their chances better, you don't get lucky bounces just by waiting for them afterall. Seems like that's what Finland was doing today, sadly. Sweden deserved the win.

Here's hoping that with the emergence of our new generation, that we'll be able to play more offensively as well, rather than just relying on team defense and hoping to capitalize on the possible mistakes the other team makes. See you in 4 years I guess :yo:

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
Good win for Sweden vs Finland. Thought Sweden was better during the entire game, even though the first period was tough as the Finns were diving all over the place and the referees failed to realise that. Never thought of them as divers before this game. They even tried to get Swedish pens during the last shifts with their ****ing diving. I guess that's what you do if you basically have no offensive game whatsoever in 5 on 5. I think Finland's overall performance in this tournament is very good though. Their roster isn't exactly a bunch of future Hall of Famers, but as usual they put in a real team effort. Sweden played more as a team than Russia did and also had better goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad