WC: Semi-Finals Discussion

Postulates

Jun 7, 2022
they've pre much dominated this tournament outside playing their worst game of the tournament against germany but they played their worst game that game and will be better the second time around (they still won that game)
I keep seeing the U.S being put in by posters as one of the teams to have a chance to go to the finals for the first time ever but they won gold in 1933.

Granted it's so long ago but they have indeed been to the finals before.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
I keep seeing the U.S being put in by posters as one of the teams to have a chance to go to the finals for the first time ever but they won gold in 1933.

Granted it's so long ago but they have indeed been to the finals before.
Plus until 1968 there was no WC in Olympic years (Olympics were considered the WC) and USA got silver in ‘20, ‘24, ‘32, ‘52, and ‘56, plus the gold in 1960.

However, they went to a purely round-robin format in the 1924 Olympics, so even though USA got medals they didn’t technically play in a “finals” because there wasn’t one.

Last edited:
Reactions: jj cale

member 305909

It's very good for the game that there are some new contenders at the top.

I don't usually cheer for the USA at any sport but if it's a final between them and Canada I'll make an exception.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
There may be a few thousand Latvians in Tampere by tomorrow. In addition to all flights to Tampere and Helsinki being sold out hours after the QF, today there have been 5-7 additional flights scheduled from Riga to Tampere. Many fans are going by car or organized bus.

Reactions: ellja3 and jj cale

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The US is the fastest team here. They have had the best defense imo as well. Desmith has made most of the saves he needs to, this is their tourney to lose...only problem is we typically lose lol..

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The US is the fastest team here. They have had the best defense imo as well. Desmith has made most of the saves he needs to, this is their tourney to lose...only problem is we typically lose lol..

Although, you are also typically not playing against Germany at this stage.

member 305909

A North-American team will win but it's not going to be an all North-American final.

There will be another surprise in one of the semifinals.

Lartsaman

Aug 2, 2018
Finland
Now while Finland gone maybe I´ll root for USA for the rest of the tournament. Would be cool to see them win the trophy at last. I think they´re the only team that can truly challenge Canada for gold right now. Sorry Latvia but one miracle is usually enough. Not that I want Latvia to win semifinal badly, just being "realistic"....

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Now while Finland gone maybe I´ll root for USA for the rest of the tournament. Would be cool to see them win the trophy at last. I think they´re the only team that can truly challenge Canada for gold right now. Sorry Latvia but one miracle is usually enough. Not that I want Latvia to win semifinal badly, just being "realistic"....
You could root for Canada.

A North-American team will win but it's not going to be an all North-American final.

There will be another surprise in one of the semifinals.
Which one will provide the upset?

I don't usually cheer for the USA at any sport but if it's a final between them and Canada I'll make an exception.
Ouch!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The US is the fastest team here. They have had the best defense imo as well. Desmith has made most of the saves he needs to, this is their tourney to lose...
Every time...

1685209829259.png

Every single time.

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I'm a fan of Finland, but I'm more excited about the bronze game than the final, because I think that Latvia has a better chance to beat USA compared to GER beating CAN. I think that Canada got this, but I'm feeling like Latvia is really hungry for that bronze and first medal and they have little bit of rest advantage compared to USA. Hopefully Latvia scores before USA and same in the final. Hopefully Canada doesn't get that early and/or first goal of the game as they did so many times lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad