WC: Semi-Finals Discussion

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

The entire Euro Hockey tour was eliminated.lol.

2 teams didn't even have a team announced during the last leg and moved on.

As far as who wins... All are great stories.
Germany plays great hockey and has been in very single game... Don't sleep on them!

Canada didn't practice at all before showing up. Lucic winning a world's and retiring would be nice after how my oilers treated him.

US sent AHL and NCAA players and I don't recall any of us predicting them running over everyone. Great program due for a gold.

Latvia at home took out Sweden and are in the semis

I hope they all win gold for different reasons.

Canada with 6 straight semis... USA with 4 out of last 6. For the they don't care and brought their girlfriends crowd.lol

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
My team Finland is out, but I'll obviously be rooting for Latvia and Germany big time. It wouldn't also suck if USA won a gold medal, since it's been a while,

Reactions: Omark

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Free wins for both Canada and USA - will be a Canada vs USA finals, which at least will be entertaining. Neither of the semis will be much to watch, though.

• Haha
Reactions: NoMessi

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
The entire Euro Hockey tour was eliminated.lol.

You were faster :). Man what a let down with the Czechs. I expected way better than that in that QF match. If K.Jalonen will coach another tournament like that next year, which ends in a QF exit, he will get fired for sure.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You were faster :). Man what a let down with the Czechs. I expected way better than that in that QF match. If K.Jalonen will coach another tournament like that next year, which ends in a QF exit, he will get fired for sure.
He's a great coach but he was not good this tourney... 4th in our group and 8th overall. Lots of puzzling decisions. 12 extraliga guys was puzzling to me.lol.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Latvia at home would have a chance. But i dont see them beating Canada in Finland.

USA vs Germany could go either way.

Im cherring for Germany and Latvia.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I keep seeing the U.S being put in by posters as one of the teams to have a chance to go to the finals for the first time ever but they won gold in 1933.

Granted it's so long ago but they have indeed been to the finals before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad