PGT: Semi-Final | United States Vs Finland | 9:30 PM ET | NHLN/TSN - Part 2

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
My wife was reading an article saying that the Finland is the happiest country on earth. Obviously, that article was written after the win against Sweden, and before the loss to USA.

Why was Kaliyev left open? Why? WHY?

He had 2 guys near him and Turcotte made a great pass after working as ass off all shift.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
My wife was reading an article saying that the Finland is the happiest country on earth. Obviously, that article was written after the win against Sweden, and before the loss to USA.

Why was Kaliyev left open? Why? WHY?
You knew it would take a great goal to win this game, Kaliyev just got off a perfect shot in such little time. It was a quality goal. Niemela was just a tad late covering him, and that was all it took, the goalie did not have a chance. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to a great pass by Turcotte, and shot by Kaliyev.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I was just going to watch the game, but i got the resualts blown into my face by accident. I hate that.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Nah, I'm watching OG 2006 meanwhile waiting for tonight game Final of the Best losers. Of course I will cheer for Finland :naughty:
I'm sorry that you had to dig that deep, you still have VHS player? Yeah feels bad man, not gonna lie. I hope Finns have some class after the game and Pennanen is able to hold his tears. At the end of the day it's all about being classy, even when loser!

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
I'm sorry that you had to dig that deep, you still have VHS player? Yeah feels bad man, not gonna lie. I hope Finns have some class after the game and Pennanen is able to hold his tears. At the end of the day it's all about being classy, even when loser!

Nah tons of youtube video, absolute adore Antero Mertaranta, love that he just starts yelling crying after every goal.
We should petition to hire Finnish announcers for hockey broadcasts.

Peace.

Reactions: karhukissa

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kaliyev the type of player you don't notice for the whole game and then realize he has scored a couple of goals :laugh:

I don't doubt that this was an original take, but I've heard this so many times in recent years about Kaliyev. It's kind of true. He's a really ineffective hockey player, except for the G+A columns. If you score though, you'll play in the NHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The stars were picked before the game I assume and York has been great all tournament (likely best dman in the qualifying round). Was great on PP tonight made a positional mistake on the first goal and like most US defence struggled a bit with the bee hive approach of the Fins in the offensive zone. They are relentless in driving to the net and forechecking (I give them props).

Heinola was a beast tonight ....best game i've seen of him in the tournament against a quality opponent. York definitely deserves to be in the 3 stars for anyone who's watched every game. Knight should not have been there (he's been ok getting better as tourney has gone on but hardly earth shattering) Boldy has been the other best US player imo.

They should pick the three stars after each team's final game. It's dumb to do so this early in the tournament. This stuff often changes as the games go on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad