Olympics: Semi-Final Predictions ->Finals Predictions

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
Qualification round
- Finland over Korea
-Switzerland over Germany
-Slovenia over Norway
-USA over Slovakia (this one is my least confident prediction)

Quarterfinals
-Sweden over Switzerland
-Canada over Finland
-OAR over Slovenia
-Czech Republic over USA

Semifinals:
Canada/Sweden
OAR/Czech Republic

I basically just picked the favourites but I think that the Czechs can easily be beaten by either Slovakia or USA and I think that Sweden is very vulnerable to an upset by Germany or Switzerland

OttawaKing

May 24, 2012
source: Men

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 4.02.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 4.02.55 PM.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 18

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
basically just picked the favourites but I think that the Czechs can easily be beaten by either Slovakia or USA and I think that Sweden is very vulnerable to an upset by Germany or Switzerland

I would be amazed if Germany or Switzerland came close to pulling off an upset at the knock-out stages of the tournament. I know Sweden only beat the Germans 1-0 at the group stages, but they are getting better and with their defensive skills and ability to score goals, I don't think Germany have anything to threaten them with. Switzerland might have more, but on the basis of the game against the Czechs they will have to play a lot better. The Czechs were in danger when they were shorthanded, but when they played 5 on 5 against Swizterland, they were in total control, completely dominated. I don't see Swizterland beating Sweden. Then again, I did not see Slovakia beating OAR, and now probably jinxed it for the Swedes. Actually, Sweden are virtually eliminated, only a miracle can save them now. Wow, it's a fast moving world :)

As for "my" Czechs, after the US team's demolition of Slovakia just now I am skeptical. The Americans have eliminated the Czechs rather often in recent years at the quarter final stages (world championships, Olympics...). Hmmm...

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I would be amazed if Germany or Switzerland came close to pulling off an upset at the knock-out stages of the tournament. I know Sweden only beat the Germans 1-0 at the group stages, but they are getting better and with their defensive skills and ability to score goals, I don't think Germany have anything to threaten them with. Switzerland might have more, but on the basis of the game against the Czechs they will have to play a lot better. The Czechs were in danger when they were shorthanded, but when they played 5 on 5 against Swizterland, they were in total control, completely dominated. I don't see Swizterland beating Sweden. Then again, I did not see Slovakia beating OAR, and now probably jinxed it for the Swedes. Actually, Sweden are virtually eliminated, only a miracle can save them now. Wow, it's a fast moving world :)

As for "my" Czechs, after the US team's demolition of Slovakia just now I am skeptical. The Americans have eliminated the Czechs rather often in recent years at the quarter final stages (world championships, Olympics...). Hmmm...

eT5b0sO.gif

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I have a strong feeling that the Czechs will play in the final. They always play strong against Russia.
I really like the Czechs chances, they have been playing good "team" hockey and their goalie has been pretty sharp.

I wouldn't say I have a strong feeling they will beat Russia but I think they have a decent chance.

Reactions: bert and FinPanda

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I really like the Czechs chances, they have been playing good "team" hockey and their goalie has been pretty sharp.

I wouldn't say I have a strong feeling they will beat Russia but I think they have a decent chance.

After Russia the Czechs have been the strongest team in the Tournament in my opinion. They will give them a run for their money, you're right their goalie has looked excellent.

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Germany vs Canada 1:0 OT
Russia vs Czech Rep 4:1

Canada vs Czech Rep 4:2

Germany vs Russia 3:2 OT ;)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
After Russia the Czechs have been the strongest team in the Tournament in my opinion. They will give them a run for their money, you're right their goalie has looked excellent.

I'm expecting a good game there, I agree that the Russians look to have turned the train around from that first game, they clearly have the best talent of any team available at this tournament and it has started to show but if there is a team that can rub them out in the semis I think it is this czech team. They stay out of the box, no more then 3 penalties and I think they can take that game with a little luck.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Canada 3 - 2 Germany
Olympics Athletes from Russia 2 - 3 Czech Republic

Germany 2 - 1 Olympics Athletes from Russia
Canada 5 - 4 Czech Rep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad