WC: Semi Final pre game talk

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Dream semifinal matchups. Two of the best rivalries ever.

I'd like Canada and Sweden to win to see Nylander vs Marner. It should be lots of fun!

bDtKarlsson

Feb 21, 2014
Still longing to see Sweden beat Canada in a final. So many losses in world championships, olympics and u20. So swe-can would be a dream final!

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Some common hockey truths (with exceptions of course):

Sweden has Finland's number
Finland has Russia's number
Russia and Sweden are 50/50
Canada has everyone's number, but especially Sweden's

1. Canada
2. Sweden
3. Finland
4. Russia

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I like Canada and Sweden to win. More confident that Sweden will win. Sweden just has a huge talent gap. I like how Canada matches up with Russia if they can keep Vlasic against Kucherov's line, don't really like Russia's defence against the Canadian forwards in general. Key for both teams will be staying out of the penalty box.

JayGould

Sep 17, 2016
Would like to see Sweden - Russia in the finals. But I think it will be Canada - Finland.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I think Finland and Russia have more bloody rivalries than Finns against Swedes. Sweden is like that brother who you kind of hate but against Russia this goes far deeper than hockey.

Finland has beaten Russia multiple times in Semis this decade. 2011, 2014 (olympics) and 2016. Sweden will be a tough one.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Hmm, Sweden has been pretty lethal against us lately and the talent gap is, well, rather big... But it's still best of one and yesterday proved that we can still play our traditional super disciplined game, so it's not totally hopeless at all. But Sweden is the big favourite.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
With Juha-Matti Aaltonen #69 penciled in the line up, the talent gap is turned in our favor. :sarcasm:

Good feeling about this game. We have got no pressure.

I would like Finland - Russia final, but I think it might be Canada - Sweden.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Hmm, Sweden has been pretty lethal against us lately and the talent gap is, well, rather big... But it's still best of one and yesterday proved that we can still play our traditional super disciplined game, so it's not totally hopeless at all. But Sweden is the big favourite.

On paper Sweden is better, but so was the USA vs Finland and look how that went. USA went all in against Russia and lost the game after. We'll see if the case will be the same with Finland going all in against the USA and being a bit spent vs Sweden. Sweden on the other hand has not had a decent effort level so far, for good or worse (they will be rested/they can't give a damn).

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Can't drink on sunday. Gotta start celebrating the gold tonight (drink beer and watch WHC '95 and '11 finals). In case we win, at least I celebrated. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad