Prospect Info: Semi-Annual Prospect Poll: #8 NYR Prospect

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hartford's leading scorer Danny Kristo is prospect #7. Fellow winger Marek Hrivik replaces him in the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. G Cameron Talbot
5. D Brady Skjei

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. RW Danny Kristo

Danny Kristo
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Jun 18 1990 -- Eden Prairie, MN
Height 5.11 -- Weight 185 [180 cm/84 kg]

2013-14 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 31GP 12-10-22 8PIM

IIHF%2BWorld%2BJunior%2BChampionship%2BCanada%2Bv%2BUSA%2Bc0JUNmCX9Zbl.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Beach, Kyle
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Graves, Ryan
Hughes, Tommy
Jean, Kyle
Kantor, Michael
Missiaen, Jason
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael
Skapski, Mackenzie
Spelling, Thomas
Stajcer, Scott
Tambellini, Adam
Wilson, Jason
Yogan, Andrew

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Fast because he's almost certainly going to be a quality NHL and has a decent ceiling.

Add Adam Tambellini because hey, he was our early third round pick just recently and a slow start in the NCAA doesn't make him a bust (look at Skjei last year).

Punxrocknyc19*

voted for Buchnevich. have a good feeling that this kid will actually come over to north america and play right away in the NHL...

add Andersson

i think he can be a solid player if he comes over in 2-4 years..

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Fast. I love Duc and Buch but I'm going with the guys who have proven more thus far. Fast could be a great middle 6 player if he could just stay healthy.

Add Yogan.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Going with Conor Allen for the third round in a row. I know he's not the sexy pick, but he looked very comfortable in the NHL, can play the right side, and has legit 2nd pair upside. IMO, he deserves to be higher than this.

Add Yogan.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Going with Conor Allen for the third round in a row. I know he's not the sexy pick, but he looked very comfortable in the NHL, can play the right side, and has legit 2nd pair upside. IMO, he deserves to be higher than this.

Add Yogan.

I think Allen is next, but my gut feeling is that Fast is going to be a little more valuable.

Allen's potential is around that od Stralman (not necessarily the style). Fast could realistically be the next Hagelin.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Fast

He was here at the worst time with the injuries and the team playing like a hot mess. He has a ton of upside. He should be able to contribute at least on a 3rd line level. Similar to Hagelin potential.

Tambellini has the highest upsaide, but I feel he would be better served in the NCAA than WHL. May stunt development. Can see him as a 4-5 year away player. Yogan is closer, but less upside. Another year down for him. Might be time to call it on him. Don't know if he will ever get here. Tambellini is my add.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Voted for Fast because he's almost certainly going to be a quality NHL and has a decent ceiling.

Add Adam Tambellini because hey, he was our early third round pick just recently and a slow start in the NCAA doesn't make him a bust (look at Skjei last year).

And hey, four points in his first WHL game is a nice statement.

Same.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Add Yogan.

This^.
Others have higher ceilings, I concede. But Allen deserves props that apparently, if we created a spot, he's good to go. Now.

Yogan, Andersson pls

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think Allen is next, but my gut feeling is that Fast is going to be a little more valuable.

Allen's potential is around that od Stralman (not necessarily the style). Fast could realistically be the next Hagelin.

Hmmm, I'm not sure Hagelin is that much better of a player than Stralman. At his best yes, but he disappears for too long. Dude is ridiculously streaky.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
How Fast is that far above Allen is beyond me. Allen in his short showing in the NHL had a much better debut then Fast did.

Btw, add Yogan.

Allen is exactly two years older than Fast. Those of us voting for Fast assume that in 2 years he'll be better than Allen is today. You have to take age into consideration. A year ago this time, Sam Klassen was better than Dylan McIlrath, but their 3 year gap made all the difference between being a top prospect and a career minor leaguer who can't even get a two-way contract.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Has to be Fast. He should even be higher.

His 8 game NHL stint as mostly a PKer and bottom six player was a good experience and will hopefully help him down the road.

Very talented kid who can make plays and reminds me of a younger version of Callahan just more finesse and not as physical.

It's all about adding muscle and health with him. He has the tools and talent to play at the NHL level and the pace wasn't a problem for him at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad