Prospect Info: Semi-Annual Prospect Poll: #2 NYR Prospect

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
LW Chris Kreider easily won round 1 once again and D Brady Skjei is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider

Chris Kreider
Left Wing
Born Apr 30 1991 -- Boxford, MA
Height 6.03 -- Weight 230 [191 cm/104 kg]

Chris_Kreider_21_590x390.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Allen, Conor
Andersson, Calle
Beach, Kyle
Bourque, Ryan
Buchnevich, Pavel
Donnay, Troy
Duclair, Anthony
Fogarty, Steven
Graves, Ryan
Hrivik, Marek
Hughes, Tommy
Jean, Kyle
Kantor, Michael
Missiaen, Jason
Nicholls, Josh
Nieves, Cristoval
Noreau, Samuel
St. Croix, Michael
Skapski, Mackenzie
Spelling, Thomas
Stajcer, Scott
Talbot, Cameron
Tambellini, Adam
Wilson, Jason
Yogan, Andrew

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Miller because at the age of 20, he can dominate the AHL.

Add Talbot, who has the highest SV% in the NHL. Yeah, it's only 12 games, but this isn't just a hot streak, he was tremendous last year in the AHL.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
I voted Kristo, it really was a toss up between him and Miller... but Kristo, basically in his first year of "pro" playing he is scoring just under a PPG rate in the AHL, as far as raw talent I think he is a little bit higher than Miller.

Add Talbot

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I voted Kristo, it really was a toss up between him and Miller... but Kristo, basically in his first year of "pro" playing he is scoring just under a PPG rate in the AHL, as far as raw talent I think he is a little bit higher than Miller.

Add Talbot

He's also 23 and has, overall, been weak away from the puck, defensively and offensively. He's not really playing a style that would be successful at the NHL level at the current moment. He needs another year. Miller is more polished at the age of 20.

He is, IMO, far and away a better prospect than Miller. Easily. I would have several players over Kristo at this point.

Last edited:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
JT Miller, I see him having a great future in the NHL. Has a great skillset.

Add Talbot.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
He's also 23 and has, overall, been weak away from the puck, defensively and offensively. He's not really playing a style that would be successful at the NHL level at the current moment. He needs another year. Miller is more polished at the age of 20.

He is, IMO, far and away a better prospect than Miller. Easily. I would have several players over Kristo at this point.

I haven't seen him play in the AHL only with UND so that and stats is what I used... I know you watch some Pack games so I'll take your word and agree with you then he would drop down my list too

Last edited by a moderator:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Kristo is one of the few creative prospects we have. He is very useful in Hartford. That said, Miller is already a superior AHL player despite being over 3 years younger, and his game better translates to the NHL.

I would also take Fast and McIlrath over Kristo, with Lindberg a close call.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Kreider has been our #1 prospect for 6 polls in a row since the summer of 2011. That said, the summer 2011 poll was way wrong because McDonagh came behind Kreider.

Either way, winning 6 polls in a row is quite impressive and may be some kind of a record for prospect poll on any HF forum (definitely on our forum). By the next poll, he will have graduated, as will Miller, and I doubt we'll have any kind of a clear-cut winner every time.

Prior to Kreider the last 6 times, Stepan won the poll twice in a row, before that Del Zotto won, and in my first poll it was Anisimov.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Miller. Along with Kreider and McIlrath, he has a unique combination of size, skill and skating ability that is lacking in the organization. Add Talbot.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Also, for players that are close to either the 65-game (skaters) or 45-game (goaltenders) benchmark but have also clearly "arrived" as NHL players, HF reserves the right to remove these players from consideration as prospects and instead consider these players graduated.

Kreider?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Also, for players that are close to either the 65-game (skaters) or 45-game (goaltenders) benchmark but have also clearly "arrived" as NHL players, HF reserves the right to remove these players from consideration as prospects and instead consider these players graduated.

Kreider?

People thought Kreider had "arrived" after his debut playoff performance. How did the ensuing season turn out? He looks terrific now, but I'm hesitant to say he has arrived after 30 good games.

I think of that language as applying to guys like Stamkos, Skinner, etc. Kids who may only be 19 or 20 but are basically established NHL players.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Another easy choice. Even if Talbot was on this list Miller is the better prospect. He will play a much bigger role with this club going forward. I think he has a big year in the NHL next season in terms of his own progression and maturity.

Add Talbot.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Went with the pack mentality and voted Miller. Add Duclair. I know Cam has been fantastic but Duclair is a machine right now.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Add Cambot. Guy should be ranked 3rd or 4th IMO. His ceiling has changed in my mind seeing some pack games prior to his promotion and his time in the big league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad