Post-Game Talk: Self destruct sequence activated

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell gets the start tomorrow night. Skinner has played in 9 of the last 10 Oiler games, starting 8 of them. The Senators looked really bad against Calgary.

Definitely want to start a fresh Skinner against Dallas and Seattle.

Nobody loves the idea of playing Campbell, but you gotta give Skinner a break every now and again.
Fuhr played over 70 games a handful of times, I’m sure Skinner can handle the load. Campbell can’t be trusted at all.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Fuhr played over 70 games a handful of times, I’m sure Skinner can handle the load. Campbell can’t be trusted at all.

Fuhr was coked up and played out of his mind the year he played 75 for the Oilers and won his only Vezina. I'm guessing Campbell doesn't toot toot.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Fuhr was coked up and played out of his mind the year he played 75 for the Oilers and won his only Vezina. I'm guessing Campbell doesn't toot toot.

Pretty sure Mess was a user back then as well. Might help explain some of his fiery speeches to his teammates back in the day. Cocaine Moose.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

Of the last 15 games or so down the stretch I imagine Campbell probably only gets a handful. If I was a betting man I'd say:

March 22 vs. Arizona
March 27 @ Arizona
April 5 @ Anaheim
April 13 vs. San Jose (depends on standings)

Skinner will have to play the rest which would put him at an even 50 games on the year.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Pretty sure Mess was a user back then as well. Might help explain some of his fiery speeches to his teammates back in the day. Cocaine Moose.

There was a Sports Illustrated article in '86 implicating Messier as one of five Oilers who were coke users. Those Oilers were a mess. Sather took care of paying Fuhr's mortgage and utility bills because Fuhr kept getting his power cut off. Glenn Anderson had some dude die in his pool. Messier left the scene of an accident and reported to the cops the next day. Gotta wonder what state he was in at the time of the accident.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Your crystal is pretty good. I’m not suggesting skinner hasn’t played his way into most starts. But the coach needs to get Campbell going.
I'd be fine with giving Campbell the Ottawa game, likely gets it. But if he's a sieve vs them then he's really not the answer for the playoffs. Campbell needs to get himself going. With COCAINE!!!!

Last edited:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
No disagreement that they've been playing a lot better, and the additions have helped, but until they get to another level I don't give them the same comparison or slack compared to the consistent elites in the league.

This may be hard to understand, but I think I hate them more than the Flamers. Their fans are the most delusional and insufferable in the league, year after year.
Completely agree

I hate them as well. Worse than Calgary (At least for now).
Me too. Absolutely can’t stand them and a lot of their fans

Reactions: gordonhught

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Most of the glory day Oilers liked to "party." There's so many stories from the 80's of fans "partying" at bars with the players.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I'd be fine with giving Campbell the Ottawa game, likely gets it. But if he's a sieve vs them then he's really not the answer for the playoffs. Campbell needs to get himself going. With COCAINE!!!!
So, the rookie gets injured and you play 6 skaters. It would be fun, no doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad