Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (FromSoftware)

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Just got the purification ending. Played like a coward against Sword Saint and got obliterated...challenged him with the skills I didn’t know I possessed and owned him. Probably an hour worth of tries against him. I found him much easier than Owl at Hirata Estate. Fantastic game

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I absolutely hate this game when I'm dying like 10-15 times in a row to a mini boss but JFC it feels good when I finally beat it.

I'm having more trouble out of Sekiro through the first few hours (just beat Shinobi Hunter Enshin of Misen) than I ever remember having through Bloodborne or a DS game. It may just be because I'm older and my reaction times aren't what they used to be.

The camera is garbage tier in this game too.

Really enjoying it overall, though.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Eh, the beginning is definitely the hardest part. The lack of heals plus a bit of a learning curve can combine to be pretty mean. Also while you don't have to worry about enemy levels per se, some of the areas you have access to early on definitely feel more difficult than others.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Picked it up last week. Played for about an hour or so.

LOVE the visuals, the story, boss battle aspect etc...

HATE the damn camera .. makes me feel like its extremely hard to move around and I constantly find myself facing the wrong way in a fight, getting slashed in the back. Part of it I'm sure is maybe losing focus on the invidivual enemy but the views you get from the way the camera moves just makes the game feel harder than it should be IMO :laugh:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Agreed on the camera, this is Mario 64 levels of awful in terms of dealing with tight spaces.

FROM are pretty mediocre when it comes to a lot of small but critical design issues. Of course you get the fanboys who will fall over themselves to excuse them because they derive some sort of sense of elitism due to liking these games.

I finally liked a FROM game with Sekiro and boy oh boy was it underwhelming. That is more on the idiot fans than the studio though.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Eh, the beginning is definitely the hardest part. The lack of heals plus a bit of a learning curve can combine to be pretty mean. Also while you don't have to worry about enemy levels per se, some of the areas you have access to early on definitely feel more difficult than others.
Yeah I'm finding this to be much harder than the first few hours of the Souls games. I mean I died in the double digits to Yamauchi but took down Gyoubu after 2-3 tries. I died to Enshin of Misen quite a few times, same with Juzou the Drunkard. Now I have Lady Butterfly which seems like the hardest one thus far. Put in about 5 attempts last night before I called it and only got the first Deathblow once.

I think I much prefer Sekiro so far over DSIII, but it's a challenge for me.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah I'm finding this to be much harder than the first few hours of the Souls games. I mean I died in the double digits to Yamauchi but took down Gyoubu after 2-3 tries. I died to Enshin of Misen quite a few times, same with Juzou the Drunkard. Now I have Lady Butterfly which seems like the hardest one thus far. Put in about 5 attempts last night before I called it and only got the first Deathblow once.

I think I much prefer Sekiro so far over DSIII, but it's a challenge for me.

I will say this, the game tells you how to cheese Lady Butterfly if you pay attention ;)

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I don't really understand why I'm having so much trouble with Lady Butterfly. I don't feel like I'm having as much trouble dodging or deflecting as I've had with other bigger fights, but I'm just getting completely destroyed. I may just go somewhere else and try to do this one later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad