Sekac in fantasy hockey

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
I have my hockey pool tonight... It's the only chance we have to as a group. Should I take a waiver on Sekac? It's a strictly points pool, and I'm guessing he could get from 40-50 pts. Or should I not take the risk?

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I have my hockey pool tonight... It's the only chance we have to as a group. Should I take a waiver on Sekac? It's a strictly points pool, and I'm guessing he could get from 40-50 pts. Or should I not take the risk?

If you are expecting 40-50 points, I would not go for sekac.

There is too much unknown, and we dont even know if he will make the team. Even if he does, there is an adjustment period to follow.

I think 30-35 points would be considered a good rookie campeign for him.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I'm sure there are many safer options that will still be available. It might get 40 points, but chances are he won't even get close to that. Not next year.

GTA

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
If it's a pool where you can't drop players, than hell no. Remember, there is a sizeable chance that he doesn't even make the team. Don't let the hype on this board get to you.

One

Sep 18, 2007
Montreal
Everyone knows not to take any habs players in a pool... Well if you want to win.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
In fantasy hockey, there's always someone picking an extremely long shot in order to make a big splash and create some wows. He usually loses. You'd be that guy if you pick Sekac.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
There are much better choices for rookies on their ELC. Jonathan Drouin comes to mind.

terreur

Jan 27, 2006
Montreal
If you think he'll have more points than Gallagher, Eller and galchenyuk had last season well yeah you can take him, but honestly believe chances are very very slim...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad