Seider

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I hope he has a better partner next season. Defensive improvement and 50+ point season is a must for him next year.
If its a must then he should get more than mop up pp time.
Ghost had a good year, but he's a one off fill in who basically was given a season on the pp that should have been given to our young number 1 dman so he could use the season to further develop that part of his game. According to those in the organization, there were no playoff expectations for this team - seems like a no brainer to give Mo that time then. Let him work on that part of his game or, if you have doubts, find out during this throwaway season if he's #1 pp material or not.

So disappointed with the way Mo was used, coached, handled this year - and he really regressed in many areas. I want him away from this entire coaching staff, the kid deserves better.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I dont think Seider has regressed and I believe he's one of the few "bad development proof" players given his track record of instantly being an absolute stud right off the bat at every level (including NHL) he entered.

I just really want this issue of having one top pairing guy, one middle pairing guy, and 5 #6 defensemen solved (easier said than done) so that his utilization doesn't have to be so damn ridiculous. Edvinsson needs a top 4 role, and we need to bring someone else in.

Trade Maatta for a 7th or something, let Ghost walk (love what he did this year but it's absolutely not a need if we get other top 4 dmen that free up PP time for Seider), I think AlJo needs to be waived if we don't have a roster spot for him (could be wrong but I feel like I read this somewhere?) so start him on the bottom pair with Chiarot, choose one of Holl/Petry to be the #7 guy and figure out whatever is necessary to do with the other one.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I dont think Seider has regressed and I believe he's one of the few "bad development proof" players given his track record of instantly being an absolute stud right off the bat at every level (including NHL) he entered.

I just really want this issue of having one top pairing guy, one middle pairing guy, and 5 #6 defensemen solved (easier said than done) so that his utilization doesn't have to be so damn ridiculous. Edvinsson needs a top 4 role, and we need to bring someone else in.

Trade Maatta for a 7th or something, let Ghost walk (love what he did this year but it's absolutely not a need if we get other top 4 dmen that free up PP time for Seider), I think AlJo needs to be waived if we don't have a roster spot for him (could be wrong but I feel like I read this somewhere?) so start him on the bottom pair with Chiarot, choose one of Holl/Petry to be the #7 guy and figure out whatever is necessary to do with the other one.
In his media availability Yzerman said he expects to have mostly the same defense group, so buckle up.

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
If someone in the front office rediscovers his balls, it should come to Mo & Simon together. Should've been this season already, at least in the 2nd half.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
In his media availability Yzerman said he expects to have mostly the same defense group, so buckle up.

He also said AlJo would be up though, so that forces some moves.

My big hope is he can ditch Holl somehow. Ghost probably won't get re-signed. So you're looking at Seider, Ed, Chiarot, Walman, Johansson, Petry, Maatta. I don't hate that lineup.

The problem is there's not enough righties so I worry Holl will be staying.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
He also said AlJo would be up though, so that forces some moves.

My big hope is he can ditch Holl somehow. Ghost probably won't get re-signed. So you're looking at Seider, Ed, Chiarot, Walman, Johansson, Petry, Maatta. I don't hate that lineup.

The problem is there's not enough rightie's so I worry Holl will be staying.
To be fair, despite the doom posting, a whole season of Edvinsson is going to make a big difference. I would like to see Ghost resigned for the third pair and power play. Edvinsson being on the team will help reduce his time 5on5.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
I don't want any players on the team, at all, who are so specialized for 10% of the game, that you have to work around their deficiencies for the other 90% of the game. Overall, you just do not benefit from this.

Let someone else sign Ghost. He had nothing better than our 1-year-offer last summer, and there was a reason for it.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I don't want any players on the team, at all, who are so specialized for 10% of the game, that you have to work around their deficiencies for the other 90% of the game. Overall, you just do not benefit from this.

Let someone else sign Ghost. He had nothing better than our 1-year-offer last summer, and there was a reason for it.

Ideally I would like the team to go forward without Ghost. But it's not gonna be easy to replace those 56 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad