• Philip Broberg

Votes: 81 39.5%
  • Victor Soderstrom

Votes: 31 15.1%

• Total voters

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Orrrr.....

Us casual fans didnt know much about Seider before the draft, once he went at 6 it caused people to actually review what hes done as a prospect and realise he was underrated coming into the draft
and.........
if DET picked Heinola at 6 he may be leading this poll right now as well.

If you closely review what some of these 1st rounder have done you can come out impressed by pretty much all of them.

M.Robertson went 49th overall but could have easily been a top 15 pick and no one would have been up in arms.

fact remains that Seider was a big reach at 6. Hopefully he turns out good for DET but I wouldnt be ranking him above York right now.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
and.........

If you closely review what some of these 1st rounder have done you can come out impressed by pretty much all of them.

M.Robertson went 49th overall but could have easily been a top 15 pick and no one would have been up in arms.

fact remains that Seider was a big reach at 6. Hopefully he turns out good for DET but I wouldnt be ranking him above York right now.

Such a reach that after it happened, multiple scouts were commending them for pulling the trigger.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Seider has the potential to be the best defenceman of the draft imo. I would have been fine with my team taking him at 7. He’s really solid defensively and I believe he still has untapped potential offensively. He’s the perfect defenceman for today’s game. I’m rooting for him to do big things in Detroit.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
and.........

And I'm sure youve watched a lot of Seider to form that opinion.2nd dman taken in the draft vs the 5th. We'll see what happens going forward, York is good but dont act like you've watched a bunch of Seider to make that decision. Depending where he plays next year, people probably wont get a good read on him on this board until the WJC. Like I said, even the big prospect journalists werent going to watch him in Germany, why would I think a bunch of HF posters have?

Reactions: ProbertKocur

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Such a reach that after it happened, multiple scouts were commending them for pulling the trigger.
Now, imagine these boards if the Oilers made that reach instead of Yzerman.

As if Holland picking Seider at 8 would not instantly be declared worse than Chiarelli.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Now, imagine these boards if the Oilers made that reach instead of Yzerman.

As if Holland picking Seider at 8 would not instantly be declared worse than Chiarelli.

People complained about Hollands horribel free agent signings and loyalty to vets who were well past their prime. No one complained about his ability to draft.

Holland was using an Edmonton draft list, do you trust Detroits scouts who have continually drafted good players? Or Edmontons who need top 10 picks to produce NHL players?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Soderstrom was ranked higher then all 3 consistently throughout the season until a 6 game tourney for Soderstrom and Seider. its him for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad