Seider news

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Just send him back to Germany. Jesus. Keep him away from this stinky team.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I hope they're still considering Owen Sound. I'd like for him to get big minutes while adjusting to the NA game like Hronek had in Saginaw.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
I hope they're still considering Owen Sound. I'd like for him to get big minutes while adjusting to the NA game like Hronek had in Saginaw.

He's not going back to junior hockey, playing 30 mins a night against kids does nothing for him at this point. He will go the AHL and get plenty of minutes playing all situations.

Reactions: LazyT

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
He's not going back to junior hockey, playing 30 mins a night against kids does nothing for him at this point. He will go the AHL and get plenty of minutes playing all situations.

Based on what though? Playing 30 minutes a night in all areas and high pressure situations in junior did wonders for Hronek and Cholowski's development.

Also look in Toronto. Liljegren was drafted a year before and higher than Rasmus Sandin. He came over and played extremely sheltered AHL minutes in year one which didn't help his development. Sandin did a year in junior first. Sandin is about to make their team, Liljegren isn't. Just wanted to give another recent example.

It's time we stop pretending the OHL is some scrub league

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Based on what though? Playing 30 minutes a night in all areas and high pressure situations in junior did wonders for Hronek and Cholowski's development.

Also look in Toronto. Liljegren was drafted a year before and higher than Rasmus Sandin. He came over and played extremely sheltered AHL minutes in year one which didn't help his development. Sandin did a year in junior first. Sandin is about to make their team, Liljegren isn't. Just wanted to give another recent example.

I was okay with it as an option. I do think he is going to play on our top pair in the AHL though right now. He has had a good camp and my guess is he wants to make the extra 70 grand plus whatever he would make in a call up if he were to come up. I was okay with this option, I think it would develop his offense but as camp has progressed and it looks like he is likely to get some pretty good minutes in GR especially if Cholowski is up and makes the roster. It opens up some PP time for him at that level as well. We shall see, I expect him in Grand Rapids at this point.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI

Seider is much better now than Cholowski/ Hronek were at that time, Seider is good enough now to develop his game at the AHL level, and he will get plenty of minutes to do so.

Liljegren just isn't that good, was highly touted in his d-1 season, but stagnated/regressed before he was drafted. Seider is already a better/smarter player. Sandin jumped to the AHL at 18 as a 29th pick, and I'm sure playing his draft year in the OHL was good for him, but it's not some necessity to play well in the AHL.

WaW

Mar 18, 2017
I was okay with it as an option. I do think he is going to play on our top pair in the AHL though right now. He has had a good camp and my guess is he wants to make the extra 70 grand plus whatever he would make in a call up if he were to come up. I was okay with this option, I think it would develop his offense but as camp has progressed and it looks like he is likely to get some pretty good minutes in GR especially if Cholowski is up and makes the roster. It opens up some PP time for him at that level as well. We shall see, I expect him in Grand Rapids at this point.

If he's gonna get top 4 minutes in GR and he is thought to be close to NHL ready, then I will certainly get on board with GR. It would be disappointing and frankly a waste however if we're wrong on that and he's sitting at like 12/13 minutes a game with limited special teams involvement.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If he's gonna get top 4 minutes in GR and he is thought to be close to NHL ready, then I will certainly get on board with GR. It would be disappointing and frankly a waste however if we're wrong on that and he's sitting at like 12/13 minutes a game with limited special teams involvement.
He'll 100% be top 4 in GR. If we're talking about calling him up to start the season he's ready for the AHL.

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
As long as he is still in Grand Rapids, I would think the Wings would release him to Germany for the tournament.

Yeah, I'm assuming he'll be there. I suppose you could make a reasonable case for not letting him go, as he's putting up points in the AHL and maybe we'd rather not run the risk of derailing that. But I think he'll be there.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad