News Article: Seider headed to the Olympics

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Not surprised at all. He helped Germany get to it's World Championship medal round since the 1950's in 2021. Very impressive.

Reactions: r0bert8841

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No offence, but not like Germany is loaded with talent, so not even a little surprising he makes the cut. Not as slight in Moritz at all, but Germany only has maybe half a roster of NHL players to pick from.

Reactions: avssuc

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
No offence, but not like Germany is loaded with talent, so not even a little surprising he makes the cut. Not as slight in Moritz at all, but Germany only has maybe half a roster of NHL players to pick from.

Their defence is pretty bad, but it's just great that Seider has to play over his head against best players in the World. Olympic Tournament is just good for his development, he becomes a diamond when he has to face some damn tough assignments.

It's great to see that Hockey Nation rising. World will need more legit hockey Nations and Germany is very potential to rise on the TOP6, over the Czechs, Slovaks or Switzerland.

Big country, lot of people and lot of money.

Reactions: Peter Tosh

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kahun (ex-EDM) - Draisaitl (EDM) - Reichel (CHI)
Elias (not drafted) - Stützle (OTT) - Peterka (BUF) strong U20 line.
Bökk (STL) - Sturm (MIN) - Rieder (BUF)
Michaelis (VAN) - Bergmann (SJS) - Kuhnhackl (ex-NYI)

X - Seider (DET)
X - X
X - Holzer (at Europe)

Grubauer
X (if Greiss is banned)

That's kind of the ugly truth. No future defencemen yet. Just guys playing at Europe.

Forward core is young and the whole goup is generally in prime somewhere after 5 years.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
EEaq--SWsAoP-1O.jpg

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Why would Greiss be banned?

The German national program has had issues with him in the past. As recently as this year, they cut ties with him over his "values."

You can read the HFBoards thread about it here, which will satisfy everyone's opinions that have been discussed:
Thomas Greiss retires from national team after controversies about his political statements

The primary sources are all going to be in German. As a note, I'd ask we not discuss the politics involved in this thread. I just wanted to answer to hockey related question as to the rift between Greiss and his German national team career.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
The German national program has had issues with him in the past. As recently as this year, they cut ties with him over his "values."

You can read the HFBoards thread about it here, which will satisfy everyone's opinions that have been discussed:
Thomas Greiss retires from national team after controversies about his political statements

The primary sources are all going to be in German. As a note, I'd ask we not discuss the politics involved in this thread. I just wanted to answer to hockey related question as to the rift between Greiss and his German national team career.
Whoaaaa... did not expect that...

Reactions: Sentinel

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Love this. Great material to troll my buddy who's a Sens fan.

Even Germany agrees that Apple Seider >>> Timoaster Strudel

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007

My opinions are only 99% represented in that thread, and I wish to contribute the remaining 1%.

I really.... and I mean really, like German beer. It's so good, Bench!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad