Value of: Seguin

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
There's pretty much no way we can afford Seguin's contract moving forward, unless Dallas takes Okposo and we also send over another player with a decent-sized cap hit. With Reinhart due for a new contract this summer (plus Mitts and Montour), and with Dahlin's and Jokiharju's 2nd contracts lurking around the corner, it'd be very risky to add another big contract like that.

Oh I agree. I didn't say we could afford him, I just said it would be sweet to have him on Buffalo. There's no chance we could take that contract. Should have been more clear.

I might take a shot at Faksa if he became available though.

Last edited:

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
HF Boards. Where it makes sense to trade a number one, PPG center (on a team that most considered a Stanely Cup contender two weeks ago) because of a slow start.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
HF Boards. Where it makes sense to trade a number one, PPG center (on a team that most considered a Stanely Cup contender two weeks ago) because of a slow start.
Many people think that after 10 games the season is lost (saint Louis 2019 laughs hard). The trio Radulov Seguin Benn has worked well in the past so would not panic but if Dallas were out of contention and would like to part ways with Seguin, I think most of the NHL teams would come to the news and DAL would get a good deal. The question is let s say DAL says ok my team is not working this way, I want to contend in 3 years, does trading Seguin make the team better in three years? I am really not sure (yes I really like this player, he is one of the reasons I watch DAL ;) )

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
That's really bad.

To destroy the C core completely for 2 1st's and retain on top of it.

Yeah it's a dumb deal but it wouldn't destroy our C core. It won't be up for debate much longer if Hintz keeps doing what he's doing but he's essentially our 1C now and whoever is playing with him is considered the top line for the night. I'm not worried about trading Seguin at all with where Roope is at in his game. Just no way in hell will the center piece for that trade be 2 late firsts. The notion that we would retain for that package is insane though lol. If you want us to retain on a 28 year old PPG 1c you're sending a player back that you don't want to give up so I wouldnt even open that can of worms if I were Carolina fans.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Think Dallas would be very disappointed by what they could get for Seguin. Teams don't usually trade PPG centers and improve as an organization. Probably why Tyler will stay put.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yeah it's a dumb deal but it wouldn't destroy our C core. It won't be up for debate much longer if Hintz keeps doing what he's doing but he's essentially our 1C now and whoever is playing with him is considered the top line for the night. I'm not worried about trading Seguin at all with where Roope is at in his game. Just no way in hell will the center piece for that trade be 2 late firsts. The notion that we would retain for that package is insane though lol. If you want us to retain on a 28 year old PPG 1c you're sending a player back that you don't want to give up so I wouldnt even open that can of worms if I were Carolina fans.

You really should be worried if Hintz was all you got at C.

Reactions: Abilify

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Would love to see him back in Boston.

Backes, Moore for cap reasons and bunch of prospects and picks.

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Heinen-Seguin-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Coyle
He doesnt play Bruins hockey according to Neely, remember?

Reactions: Fro

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I’d easily offer up something like a 1st + Broberg + Yamamoto if that would even get them to consider it.

unfortunately we’d need to add in Russel to a potential trade and then trade Nuge at the deadline for someone younger and cheaper since we couldn’t afford his next contract.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I would want Calgary to try and trade for him. Seguin would move Monahan down to 2C and Seguin could have Tkachuk and someone else flanking him.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
I'd love him on the Sabres. It would need to be a ridiculous trade to land him.

Stars acquire:
Buf 1st 2020
Buf 1st 2021
Buf 1st 2022
Kyle Okposo $6m/aav until 2023
Sobotka 3.5m cap dump pending UFA

Sabres acquire:
Tyler Seguin $9.85m/aav until 2026

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Would love for the Bruins to repent for the one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history. didn’t even get a 1st for him! Don’t think we have the ammo to make the deal tho.

1st, Vaakanainen, Studnicka or basically any prospect you want.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Buffalo makes sense to me. Mittelstadt + 1st + 2nd + prospect warms Dallas up to the idea

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I like this return and would probably 100% ask for Texier and Savard.

I think this would work, although other CBJ fans might be hesitant to give up Tex (but I’d do it here).

Nyquist-Seguin-Atkinson
Foligno-Dubois-Anderson
Jenner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Milano-Nash-Bemstrom

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Nuti
Gavrikov-Kukan

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Lots of talk about trading Benn. If Dallas ever did want to scrap it and start from scratch (not saying there's even a hint that they do) then Seguin is who they get the pieces to do it from.

He's a tough one to get a good value from eh? On one hand he's 28ish, nearly point per game, 30g scoring centre. Many teams would kill for him.

I could see a team like Arizona go for him, what would the price be from any team

I figure he can definitely get a Paccioretty-like return for sure.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think this would work, although other CBJ fans might be hesitant to give up Tex (but I’d do it here).

Nyquist-Seguin-Atkinson
Foligno-Dubois-Anderson
Jenner-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Milano-Nash-Bemstrom

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Nuti
Gavrikov-Kukan

If I am DAL I think about it, I really like Seguin but this gives me good draft options and cap flexibility in addition to a top prospect. If I am CBJ, then I am all in in the next two years (but I fear I still need some top 6 wingers) ;)

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
If I am DAL I think about it, I really like Seguin but this gives me good draft options and cap flexibility in addition to a top prospect. If I am CBJ, then I am all in in the next two years (but I fear I still need some top 6 wingers) ;)

Meh. Cam, Andy, and Bjorkstrand are all proven, and Nyquist is coming off a 60-point season.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Stars and Jackets are my two teams. Texier is the real deal, probably not getting moved in a package for Seguin. Bemstrom and some other pieces would work for me.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What could Calgary offer to interest Dallas other than the two you mentioned and Gaudreau?

Dallas seems pretty set on D... and Calgary doesn’t have very many good forward prospects, so if I am being quite honest I don’t think we could come up with a package for Seguin that would be appealing. Unless you’re wanting a quantity for quality type deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad