WJC: Seguin to World Juniors a possibility

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Isn't is strange that the GM of the Kings, an American released Schenn, yet the GM of Boston, a Canadian refused to release Seguin.
isnt it strange that the Kings let Schenn, who has yet to earn a full time roster spot go, yet the Bruins refused to release Seguin, who is argueably their best offensive player:sarcasm:

Lunatik*

Isn't is strange that the GM of the Kings, an American released Schenn, yet the GM of Boston, a Canadian refused to release Seguin.
isn't it strange that the Kings sent Schenn back to the WHL before the tournement and the Bruins are keeping Seguin in the NHL?... perhaps that has more to do with it than anything

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
isnt it strange that the Kings let Schenn, who has yet to earn a full time roster spot go, yet the Bruins refused to release Seguin, who is argueably their best offensive player:sarcasm:

It's common knowledge that Jeremy Jacobs owner of the Bruins and Buffalo resident, along with Ed Snider of the Flyers run the NHL through their lackey Bettman. As for Schenn they didn't release him to the World Jr. team, he was assigned to his Junior team in Brandon, so it's not like Lombardi released him to the Canadian team.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

If he's their best offensive player, why was he recently a healthy scratch?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
According to the Yahoo game summary (box scores are for baseball) Seguin in his last 5 games.

December 7th against Buffalo 13:15 ice time
December 9th against Islanders 9:54 ice time
December 11 against Philly scratch
December 15 against Buffalo scratch
December 16 against Montreal 10:42 ice time

Yet the Boston GM didn't think Seguin would benefit from playing in the tournament.

Something smells fishy and I CAN GUARANTEE you if the roles were reversed Americans would be saying the same thing.

There is no doubt Bettman would love another American victory.

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
According to the Yahoo game summary (box scores are for baseball) Seguin in his last 5 games.

December 7th against Buffalo 13:15 ice time
December 9th against Islanders 9:54 ice time
December 11 against Philly scratch
December 15 against Buffalo scratch
December 16 against Montreal 10:42 ice time

Yet the Boston GM didn't think Seguin would benefit from playing in the tournament.

Something smells fishy and I CAN GUARANTEE you if the roles were reversed Americans would be saying the same thing.

There is no doubt Bettman would love another American victory.
Wow, Bettman's behind all this now, did you forget the :sarcasm:

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Wow, Bettman's behind all this now, did you forget the :sarcasm:

Well he is on record for telling us how important it is to grow the game in the good old USA and his extremely charitable nature of giving USA hockey 8 million a year (Hockey Canada gets $250,000 or was it $125,000) so I wouldn't put anything past the little weasel.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

I don't blame Chia at all for not releasing Seguin, but no, an argument cannot be made that he is our best offensive player. It's not even close.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Well he is on record for telling us how important it is to grow the game in the good old USA and his extremely charitable nature of giving USA hockey 8 million a year (Hockey Canada gets $250,000 or was it $125,000) so I wouldn't put anything past the little weasel.

haha wow, seriously man? The NHL is a business, the Canadian market is already pretty saturated. The US markets, however, have many areas that are virtually untapped. The NHL is, therefore, investing in potential.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Haha @ this thread going from Seguin and the WJC. To a conspiracy how Bettman isn't letting Bruins release him to Canada for the WJC because he wants to grow hockey in the USA

Thanks for the laugh :laugh::laugh:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Because we have a coach who frowns upon things such as offense, emotion, heart, and anything else that isn't defense.

Seguin has 3 points in his last 11 games, and 2 goals in his last 21...I highly doubt he's your best offensive player. And if he is, well...the B's are in more trouble than I thought.

jessebelanger

Feb 18, 2009
haha wow, seriously man? The NHL is a business, the Canadian market is already pretty saturated. The US markets, however, have many areas that are virtually untapped. The NHL is, therefore, investing in potential.

Not to mention Hockey Canada and USA Hockey are two completely different organizations with completely different mandates and structures and at completely different stages in growth. Comparing dollar amounts givin to each one as some kind of a reference point for bias is so foolish I don't even know where to begin!

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Kids who are in NHL are allredy "moved on" from this tournament. I consider WJC to be tournament for under 20-year-old players who are not yet good enought for NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: