Seeking Equilibrium: The Story of Listening to Others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
"I'm a big-picture guy, but I'm an immediate-gratification guy too, because I like winning." - Mike Babcock

Recently there has been an alarmingly increasing polarisation on this board as to which is better when in fact the 'now & big' should merely be for the sake of constructive argumentation. This cleavage of opinions has somewhat led to an entropic void as opposed to live pro-active interactivity around here.

Now i don't want to generalise but it seems to me that this stalemate is going nowhere so in other words, what i'm trying to say is that the polarised ones (an increasing #) should try to listen a tad more to what the other side has to say. There's nothing easy in this league anymore, no more magical solutions, too many good teams/management imho which gives us the highest degree of competition in this parity oriented sport industry.

So please try to talk to each other if only for this relatively bored board's activity lvl...

P.S. Yes i can understand the frustration of falling from grace but also: Go Pens! ...and may realism win over pessimistic & optimistic assumptions. In time, hopefully!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have no idea what this thread is about. Can you elaborate on what response you are seeking? :laugh:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I'm not exactly sure what this is about either and I'm not trying to be a jerk but I don't see the need for this thread, as it's a subtopic of half a dozen other threads going at any given time (that is, I think it's about "mortage the minor league system and young players to win now vs. focus on building more now because mortgaging doesn't work anyway and Sid and Geno won't be here forever.")

Not an unimportant topic generally but all this thread will do is reintroduce the same stuff we've beat to death before.

"Shero & Co. couldn't draft for ****. Too many D, not enough Euros, etc."
"Shero traded too many early picks for marginal players."
"Rutherford trades earlier picks for marginal players."
"We don't know how to developer players. Lovejoy WTF."

ad nauseum. I'm going to close this because I don't think we're covering new ground. Other mods feel free to re-open if you disagree. Obviously being more open to other posters is important in times when everyone is pissed off but it's nothing new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad