News Article: Sedins to be featured in CBC's NHL: Revealed

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-cbc-team-up-for-all-access-series-1.2430869

The CBC and the NHL will help answer your curiosities with a seven-part series called NHL Revealed: A Season Like No Other from executive producer Ross Greenburg, the former president of HBO Sports and winner of more than 50 Sports Emmys.

The series, which premieres Jan. 23 on CBC and will also be broadcast in the United States by NBC Sports Network, will tell the stories of more than two dozen of the NHL's top stars -- on and off the ice -- as they participate in the Coors Light Stadium Series and the Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic outdoor games. The series will also follow NHL stars to the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.

Multiple camera crews are being assigned to the New York Rangers, New York Islanders, New Jersey Devils, Pittsburgh Penguins, Chicago Blackhawks, Anaheim Ducks, Los Angeles Kings, Vancouver Canucks and Ottawa Senators for more than eight hours a day over 100 days of shooting, creating hundreds of hours of material that will be edited down to seven hours for television.

NHL stars such as Pittsburgh’s Sidney Crosby, Chicago’s Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane, Vancouver’s Daniel and Henrik Sedin, the Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist, and Jonathan Quick of Los Angeles are some of the players that will be featured.

It's similar to what HBO has done with its 24/7 series, only on a grander scale.

The series will premiere on January 23rd.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
This is really cool! Looking forward to it.

Now I want the Canucks to do their own reality series, akin to the Canadiens' '24CH' or the Bruins' 'Behind the B'.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
CBC's doing this and no Leafs? What? Am I missing something?

Totally looking forward to it.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Watch CBC somehow portray the Sedins as the second coming of Hitler and Stalin.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
It's not focused just on the Sedins, it'll be the whole team. But I was pretty excited to see some behind the scenes stuff from the Canucks but then I realized it's only 7 hours for 9 teams. Too many teams to cover and not enough episodes.

mainly m

Nov 19, 2013
heh. saw the sedins being interviewed on this and they seemed thrilled at the notion of being followed around by a camera crew. not.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
It's not a CBC original. Each episode is on the day prior in the U.S. so it's not a Canadian production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad