Confirmed with Link: Sedins joint Canucks front office as Special Advisors to GM

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
we didn't make the playoffs in their final years because the Sedins couldn't adapt their game, they slowed down, and the league had the book on their cycle.

Yeah, the rest of the team was f***ing sick. If only the Sedins had kept up, they'd have been serious contenders with that supporting cast. That 16-17 team is a powerhouse if the Sedins hadn't blown it.

Brandon Sutter as the #2 forward in TOI/G - what more could you ask for? Dude is an all-situations menace out there. Markus Granlund in the Top6, too, so that's an absolute embarrassment of riches up front.

Plus, they had Erik f***ing Gudbranson logging 20 mins a game, so you know that crease was spotlessly clear at all times. As if that wasn't unfair enough for the opposition, you had Cool Hand Luca Sbisa holding it down for 1/3 of every game, just doling out that steady, consistent defensive play. As the cherry on top, there's Bad Benny Hutton - who I have definitely not been informed as soon as Benning moved on from him is supposedly not good enough to play in the NHL - as the #2 guy in TOI/G on the backend.

Considering that team only just barely missed the playoffs by 25 points with the Sedins dragging everyone else down, if not for those weak old Sedins that's almost certainly a goddamn dynasty for the ages right there.

Last edited:

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

The Benning regime has systematically eliminated every dissenting voice in management, including Linden who was technically above Benning on the totem pole.

Jim might be almost completely incompetent as a general manager, but his rat-like survival instincts are honed sharp.

The Sedins with any kind of influence and/or say in hockey matters is a nightmare to this management group. It's an easy cop out or excuse for Francesco: "They came in and found out it was a total mess, I was shocked!" I believe they're smart and hard working and influential enough to really undermine Jimbo.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Like you think about how hard the Sedins work and how hard Benning works...

Well, maybe Benning works super hard. But with the results being that he ran out of time and didn't even bother to make offers to key FA's AND on top of that failed to actually sign his targets....the idea that he's a hard worker is somehow even more pathetic than speculating that he's lazy.

Reactions: B-rock and MarkMM

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
The Benning regime has systematically eliminated every dissenting voice in management, including Linden who was technically above Benning on the totem pole.

Jim might be almost completely incompetent as a general manager, but his rat-like survival instincts are honed sharp.

The Sedins with any kind of influence and/or say in hockey matters is a nightmare to this management group. It's an easy cop out or excuse for Francesco: "They came in and found out it was a total mess, I was shocked!" I believe they're smart and hard working and influential enough to really undermine Jimbo.
Don't forget Wormtongue!

QOG6CWJQ6RB5NLOCOFTAE5YP5Y

Reactions: FireBenningNow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad