Online Series: Secret Invasion

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Viewership is so low for the 200 million budget show that they will now be airing the first 3 eps on Hulu for a month to try and get more people to watch. Doesn't look like this one will see a second season the way things are going.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Viewership is so low for the 200 million budget show that they will now be airing the first 3 eps on Hulu for a month to try and get more people to watch. Doesn't look like this one will see a second season the way things are going.
A lot of people gave up on Marvel because of the last few years.
Maybe it's for the best. The shows that pump out strong season 2's usually did so because S2 was already planned out from the beginning. A clear roadmap. For example Andor is one of those. It was always meant to be 2 seasons, and I'm hopeful for a good standard in S2.

However, when a show doesn't have a long term plan and gets renewed, the writers scramble to create new storylines that work as a branch-off point from season 1, and the quality inevitably suffers. It feels forced very often.
That's why I'm concerned about Loki S2. I loved S1 to death, but the director of the 6 episodes, Kate Herron, quit. She spoke about ending it at the intended point, and how she poured everything she had into those 6 eps. So at the point she quit they were directionless, and on the clock to pump out the next season.
I don't think it's gonna look like a finely woven tapestry at all now.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Only thing impressive this far is Olivia Colman. Editing is sloppy an does not tie the story up well at all. Acting from some key players is uninspired(especially the girl from last christmas), but maybe will get better, but time is running out. The story is quite alright, but less of a spy thriller mystery than I hoped for.

The potential was amazing for this series and they could have done more to shake up things we "know" has happened in the MCU.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Fury's finnish accent xD only marginally better than the Norwegian radio bit in black widow. And then Sonya calling a finnish cemetery Scandinavian :(

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
We’ll see what the finale brings but so far… it’s Fine. Underwhelming. It just feels so small. And not even in like a close quarters spy thriller way. It just feels… cheap in some ways. Rushed in some moments, very slow in others. The big moments are impressive, they’ve just largely been character moments more than espionage or action. For a five hour project it’s not doing more than a surface pass of what it SHOULD be.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
We’ll see what the finale brings but so far… it’s Fine. Underwhelming. It just feels so small. And not even in like a close quarters spy thriller way. It just feels… cheap in some ways. Rushed in some moments, very slow in others. The big moments are impressive, they’ve just largely been character moments more than espionage or action. For a five hour project it’s not doing more than a surface pass of what it SHOULD be.
Agree fully.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
The one bit I have to call out on is Rhodey is supposed to have an Iron Man suit and you'd think that would be kind of important being with the protective detail on the American President. Yet during the ambush he just sat in the car and did nothing... not the least bit suspicious.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
The one bit I have to call out on is Rhodey is supposed to have an Iron Man suit and you'd think that would be kind of important being with the protective detail on the American President. Yet during the ambush he just sat in the car and did nothing... not the least bit suspicious.
I wondered the same thing. I figured I missed a throw-away line about how it wasn't allowed in the UK or the President's orders were that Colonel Rhodes, not War Machine, is the secretary of the... something or other, but I don't think they've done that.

Reactions: mattihp

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I wondered the same thing. I figured I missed a throw-away line about how it wasn't allowed in the UK or the President's orders were that Colonel Rhodes, not War Machine, is the secretary of the... something or other, but I don't think they've done that.
Yes I don't recall specifically but in the first or second episode meeting Fury in what I'm pretty sure was a restaurant London he made a quip about calling the suit and smashing things.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nice finale, really enjoyed this show. Sets the table nicely for the next Captain America movie.

- notable, Rhodey was in a hospital gown when he was freed and he couldn’t walk. Wonder if that implies he was swapped in hospital after Civil War.

- Ritson’s war probably gets him assassinated in the new Captain America film paving the way for Thunderbolt Ross

- fun super skrull battle. Nice to see G’aia has a future in the MCU .. wonder where that lead will take her with Olivia Coleman

- superb acting scene from Gravik and “Fury”

- also leads Fury back to SABRE for to deal with cosmic things kn the next Captain Marvel movie

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
That was underwhelming. Not boring, it was captivating enough but possibly the most disappointing Marvel show because of how good it and how important it could've been and how formulaic it ended up being (including somehow a big CGI battle in the end lol).

Also they had a TV show format yet they managed to make everything feel....rushed? Just don't think their writing is on par anymore.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
That was underwhelming. Not boring, it was captivating enough but possibly the most disappointing Marvel show because of how good it and how important it could've been and how formulaic it ended up being (including somehow a big CGI battle in the end lol).

Also they had a TV show format yet they managed to make everything feel....rushed? Just don't think their writing is on par anymore.

Agreed I think there was much more potential… I liked the main storyline but they really could have added more layers and tie ins to MCU events and whatnot.

Seemed like the episode length was a big factor.. just over 30 mins each made it feel rushed. A full hour could have had a lot more impact.

Not sure if it was writing or budget…

Marvel seems keen on ensuring these shows do not become a big focal point in major MCU events, which are saved for the movie. This is a misstep IMO

Nonetheless lots that I liked about the series.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Not bad but underwhelming. Maybe my expectations were too high for this one. I did like the MI6 agent.
Of the MCU shows I've seen, I rank this one only above She-Hulk.

Agents. Of. Shield.
Loki
Hawkeye
Falcon and Winter Soldier
WandaVision
Secret Invasion
She-Hulk

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Rhodey being replaced by a Skull while recovering after Civil War gives some interesting context to this Endgame line, when he asks Carol Danvers "Where exactly have you been this whole time?"

Would set up some interesting fallout for Armour Wars too.

Seems like there was some groundwork laid for how bad of President Ritson is, and how easily it will be for Ross to win and election or gain control.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Thought the whole thing was pretty f***ing stupid to be honest. Cool Skrull fight tho

We’ll see what the finale brings but so far… it’s Fine. Underwhelming. It just feels so small.

This right here. Not sure how you do that with a massive Alien invasion penetrating high levels of government all over the globe that nearly starts WW3, but this show managed.

But at least I finished it. I've started some other Marvel series and never got past the first episode. Loki I enjoyed. This one felt pretty phoned in, I think Jackson will always be best enjoyed as a supporting character. Zero chemistry with him and the woman(I want to say Priscilla?). To be fair I've just never been much of a super hero guy.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
For its TV shows, Marvel has this way of ruining good/decent runs with meh endings. WandaVision was good, but not a great ending. I enjoyed Hawkeye, but they decided to make KingPin look like nothing more than a speedbump (I know he'll return, but still). I actually enjoyed SheHulk (watched the series with my son who loved it, which helped), but that may be the worst ending out of every Marvel show/movie.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
This right here. Not sure how you do that with a massive Alien invasion penetrating high levels of government all over the globe that nearly starts WW3, but this show managed.

As I said before, to me the big problem with the show is that they made it about Fury. His "I'll handle it myself" attitude makes no sense and lowers the stakes. It can't be about mankind and be a one-man fight.

Anyway, that was meh. It just felt irrelevant and it shouldn't have.

Last edited:
Reactions: x Tame Impala

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
This show is actually a documentary

"Non Human Biologics" and Other "Revelations" from Congress's Bizarre UFO Hearing

Top Grusch claims

• People may have been murdered to cover up the government’s secret UAP retrieval programs. Grusch has previously made claims in the press that he had heard information that Americans may have been killed to protect the sanctity of the secret UAP programs. When asked by U.S. Representative Tim Burchett whether anyone had been “harmed or injured” in connection to the UAP programs, Grusch’s response was merely: “Yes.” Burchett then asked, “Anyone been murdered?” to which Grusch said, “I have to be careful answering that question. I directed people with that knowledge to the appropriate authorities.”
  • “Non-human biologics” (aka ALIEN BODIES!!!) may have been recovered by the government. Yes, according to Grusch, the government has found some organic material not of this world and is storing it somewhere for safe keeping. The term he used to refer to this matter was “non-human biologics,” though he noted that he, himself, had never seen any alien bodies.
  • The UAP pilots could be actually time-traveling inter-dimensional beings. When asked about his previous claims that the operators of crash-landed UAPs could actually be from a different dimension or could even be time-travelers, Grusch said the following: “In terms of multi-dimensionality, the framework that I’m familiar with is something called the holographic principle. It derives itself from general relativity and quantum mechanics and that is...if you want to imagine 3-D objects such as yourself [pointing to legislator who asked the question] casting a shadow onto a 2-D surface—that’s the holographic principle. So you can be projected from higher dimensional space to lower dimensional [space].” Okay!
  • People have been “injured” by people in the government and/or aliens (?) in connection with the government’s secret programs. Another vague series of claims that Grusch has made is that people have been injured (by UFOs? by aliens? by men in black?) as a result of the secret UAP programs. Grusch did little to shed more light on those allegations on Wednesday, though he did bring them up with lawmakers.

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
Anyway, that was meh. It just felt irrelevant and it shouldn't have.

Agreed, there was so much potential after the first couple of episodes despite straying from the comics, conceptually there was still a lot of promise, but it never really got there

It's not a bad series, but feels like you could skip it and not really miss out on much in regards to the MCU

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Not bad but underwhelming. Maybe my expectations were too high for this one. I did like the MI6 agent.
Of the MCU shows I've seen, I rank this one only above She-Hulk.

Agents. Of. Shield.
Loki
Hawkeye
Falcon and Winter Soldier
WandaVision
Secret Invasion
She-Hulk
I think She-Hulk might've been better because it did a better job of doing comedy well. It also missed out in terms of potential because it never did good courtroom scenes but at least it set itself up as a light-hearted show and then followed through on the comedy assuming you have a sense of humour. This one however didn't do what it set out to. As I've never seen Agents of Shield, I'll rank them as:

Loki
WandaVision
Hawkeye
Moon Knight
She-Hulk
Secret Invasion
Falcon and Winter Soldier (this one is hard to rank cos of its highs and lows)
Miss Marvel

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This one however didn't do what it set out to. As I've never seen Agents of Shield, I'll rank them as:
There was also Agent Carter for 1 season with Atwell reprising her role.

Agents of Shield, I did watch it in season 1 and 2. But, it really was hard to continue following it after the events of Winter Soldier and the demise of Shield. No real mention of Shield the remainder of the MCU aside for Avengers 2 where Fury showed up with a heli-carrier to help transport the civilians. In the series, Coulson was supposed to rebuild Shield, but doesn't ever seem that in the MCU that happened. Then they bring up Sword in WandaVision.

Hard to be an Agent of Shield without Shield.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Agents of shield ghostrider season and hive season shit all over pretty much every marvel show minus daredevil and punisher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad