Secondary scoring...

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
#28 has 1 even strenght goal this season. Half his points are on the pp. Splitting up he & #93 might be a good way to get other guys going. They'll still see plenty of time together on pp1.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Or you could try hard to dump your trash in any way (trade, minors, buyouts) and build a team properly (home grown talent with a few good UFA signings).

You can do all that, and split up G and V at ES. I was against it, but when you are bottom 5 in the league and getting no scoring at all from the bottom 9 what's the worst that could happen by (for example) switching Voracek with Read?

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Gotta split up Giroux and Voracek. It certainly won't hurt to try.

What would happen if the Flyers designated Lecavalier for assignment?

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Wasn't Jake on Couts wing for like a period or so? I feel like I saw that early on. It definitely couldn't hurt. I mean it's not like they're winning games with Jake and G together. Jake and Schenn have always had good chemistry and it seems like Raffl and G do too. Personally I would like to see:

Raffl-G-Simmer
Schenn-Couts-Jake
PEB-Laughton-Read
trash-trash-trash

Gotta split up Giroux and Voracek. It certainly won't hurt to try.

What would happen if the Flyers designated Lecavalier for assignment?

NMC. RJ on the other hand has a modified NTC (not sure how the trade affected it) not a NTC.

Last edited:

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
BSchenn, Coburn and LeCavalier's contract to Edmonton for Perron.
Flyers get a LW. BSchenn is expendable. Coburn isn't going to be here long term and Edm has wanted him for years. Vinny is out of here.

I'm not as high on Perron as you I suppose. He's 3 yrs older then Schenn too, which really doesn't make sense considering the state of the rest of the team. And considering the difference in production in their careers (which will continue to decrease as Schenn plays more) I don't think it's a wise move. Seems like giving up a lot for a marginally better, older player up front just to get rid of Vinny. Patience would be best for the Flyers concerning Vinny. The team won't be contending in the next couple years and by then they could just buy out his final yr for a pretty low cap hit or maybe even trade him back to Tampa to finish out his career.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Flyers get a LW. BSchenn is expendable. Coburn isn't going to be here long term and Edm has wanted him for years. Vinny is out of here.

That's a lot of money for Edmonton to take on. What is their cap situation like?

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
Start trading with Vinny and Umburgler at the top of the list. They can be had for 7th round picks or a shorter contract. Would Montreal want Vinny? The team is sleepwalking and Vinny/Umburgler are the most obvious reason. Rinaldo's minus 1 in 8 minutes of icetime every game is another detriment. Rinaldo doesn't have skills besides hitting.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Worst trade proposal yet. BSchenn is almost as good as Perron, and is younger and cheaper. Then you throw in Coburn who should be in his own trade proposal, and Vinny who would not waive to go to Edmonton.

Awful in every way.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Start trading with Vinny and Umburgler at the top of the list. They can be had for 7th round picks or a shorter contract. Would Montreal want Vinny? The team is sleepwalking and Vinny/Umburgler are the most obvious reason. Rinaldo's minus 1 in 8 minutes of icetime every game is another detriment. Rinaldo doesn't have skills besides hitting.

FWIW...in the SJ auction, I dumped Umberger for Mike Brown....has 2 years at 1.2 million per. Put him in the minors if we want, cost us only 300,000. RJ gone!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Capgeek have a trade machine now. Try using it to see if a trade is viable under the cap.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Worst trade proposal yet. BSchenn is almost as good as Perron, and is younger and cheaper. Then you throw in Coburn who should be in his own trade proposal, and Vinny who would not waive to go to Edmonton.

Awful in every way.
Perron is a better wing than Schenn. Coburn isn't worth his salary. Vinny is gone with this trade. I get it . You'd rather have an incompetent wing, a guy who is gone after next season and an untradeable bum. Brilliant. And you criticize Holmgren?:shakehead

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Couturier-Simmonds
Bellemare-Laughton-Read
Umberger-Cousins-Rinaldo

Or switch Couturier and Laughton if you are that way inclined.

Honestly... that would be better than what we are currently icing. Just get the blackhole scratched, he is a liability defensively and possession wise and drags his line-mates down whoever he is with... which is not even debatable.

This team is over 50% Corsi with Mason in net wehn Vinny is not on the ice (50.8%)... just let that sink in, his ~10 minutes a night at 5v5 vs 4th lines takes us from an average team possession wise to 47.7%... bottom 5 in the NHL.

His Corsi is 38.9%, his Goals for % is 30.8%, he has 2 5v5 points this year with the easiest QoC on the team.

Him and Umberger when together at 5v5 have 0 points this season between them.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Perron is a better wing than Schenn. Coburn isn't worth his salary. Vinny is gone with this trade. I get it . You'd rather have an incompetent wing, a guy who is gone after next season and an untradeable bum. Brilliant. And you criticize Holmgren?:shakehead

Try looking 2 years from now. Perron is a UFA and looking for a raise and leaves. So then we have no Perron, no assets for Coburn and yes, Vinny is gone.

In the meantime, the Oiler have A 25 year old BScehnn on a RFA.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Perron will be 28/29 by the time his contract runs out. His play might dip by then (his numbers have taken a hit so far early in this season) & has had a history of concussion problems. We're not really getting good return on our investment here espeically when this team likely isn't going to be contending these next two years.

Anybody who thinks Schenn can't play LW hasn't been watching much games this year.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
If Schenn doesn't score a goal in a game all no hockey sense, inconsistent player crap comes out of the wood work.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
With the exception of Giroux, Voracek, and Simmonds, I think every player should be on the trade hotline! This collection of players (I'd call them a team, but they sure as hell don't play like a team), is un-watchable!
The coaching staff is a damn joke too, yet how can you motivate a bunch of stiffs like Lecavalier and Umberger etc. into anything other than a morgue!
And don't even mention the train wreck defensive crew that has trouble clearing the puck from their own zone throughout each game.
This team is not The Flyers! The Flyers are nothing but a memory.

This team reminds me of the 91-92 Flyers where there were maybe 3 players worth keeping and then a bunch of players who belonged in the AHL like Mark Freer, Dale Kushner, Brad Jones, Andrei Lomakin, Mark Pederson (I thought he was going to be good), Dan Kordic, Wes Walz, Pat Murrary et al. We had Brind'AMour, Ricci and Recchi, but then a bunch of old NHLers and AHLers.

I just hope Hextall stays patient. It would be great to unload Umberger and Lecavalier, but I don't think that is possible unless we keep a lot of contract or give away something of value.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I don't want to break up G and Voracek, because if we are going to lose, we might as well have players trying to crack the top ten in scoring. It gives me something to look forward to!

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I wasn't sure how I was feeling about splitting up Giroux and Voracek, but I'm open to trying it after checking out Chicago's line. Chicago could easily chuck out the best line in hockey with Hossa/Sharp - Toews - Kane. Instead they stagger it:

Hossa - Toews - Saad
Versteeg (Sharp is hurt) - Richards - Kane

so with that in mind, I'd like to see:

Raffl - Giroux - Simmonds
Schenn - Couturier - Voracek
Umberger - Laughton - Read
Rinaldo - Vinny - PEB

Line 1 reunites Raffle and G, and hopefully sparks some offense in Simmonds
Line 2 also keeps Schenn and Voracek together, and hopefully sparks Couts' offense
Line 3 is an attempt to break Couts and Read up, because that's not working this season for some reason, but hopefully Read and Laughton can bring any life to DUmberger
Line 4 keeps it's own dumpster fire and hopefully the Vinny and Rinny show can start up again this year, as they seemed at least competent together last year.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don't want to break up G and Voracek, because if we are going to lose, we might as well have players trying to crack the top ten in scoring. It gives me something to look forward to!

but it is going to make voracek an 8million dollar player.

If they are split i have a feeling that Voracek maintains a ppg pace but G drops .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad