Second Round 04.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyCamel2000

Jul 16, 2004
Who do you feel was the best pick that was made in the second round of the 2004 draft........

I know alot of coyotes fans thought Enver Lisin was a steal at #50 just curious what you guys thought was the best pick.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Steal in the 2nd round IMO

Adam Pineault- Columbas
With him not getting much time in NCAA caused him to drop, playing full time in the QMJHL this year, he will make alot of teams feel sorry for passing him over.

Enver Lisin- Phoenix
Possibly the fastest skater in the draft, he has good offensive ability due to his speed and could really be a grat player in the future, excellent pick by Phoenix

Bruce Graham- New York Rangers
Fluid skater and good all around player, his size is amazing and his untapped ability is amazing, he is improving every second he plays and last year wasn't even on the radar for the draft then was considered a 1st to 2nd rounder by the end, now he is still working on his game alot more.

Jakub Sindl- Chicago
Excellent offensive capabilities who has the ability to be a major contributer in the offensive end, Sindl just needs to work on strength, if he can work on this, Chicago could have one of the best offensvie players in the draft IMO.

Martin Karsums- Boston
Not much exposure caused this guy to drop to the 2nd round. He was easily a 1st round talent, does everything on the ice and is gritty and exciting to watch in the offensive end and likes to throw hits, he does everything. Super pickup by Boston.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Went to 4th round mostly because I think Berti, Glass, Alexandrov and O'Niell would have been good second round pick-ups.

2nd ROUND
#32 Pick - Chicago Blackhawks - Dave Bolland
Was rated as a top ten in NA pretty much has to be considered a steal at 32. He's a smaller hard working winger with scoring touch (may turn into a Gelinas type player).

#36 Pick - New York Rangers - Darin Olver
Small skilled center I liked as a sleeper pick in the 3rd or 4th round. NYR took him way early but I still like the pick.

#40 Pick - Atlanta Thrashers - Grant Lewis
Skilled play making defender with good size but not much of a physical game.

#43 Pick - Buffalo Sabres Michael Funk
Good size mobility and toughness. He's a project but all the tools are there for an NHL career.

#47 Pick - New York Islanders - Blake Comeau
Two-way winger with grit. Safe pick to become a third liner.

#49 Pick - St. Louis Blues - Carl Soderberg
He's put up impressive numbers in the swe U20 but didn't play well in the Elite league. A basically a boom or bust player with good size.

#58 Pick - Ottawa Senators - Kyrill Lyamin
Was injured for a good chunk of the year but if Ottawa picked him he's probably a keeper.

#63 Pick - Boston Bruins - David Krejci
Small skilled cze. player had an excellent U18 WJC.

3RD ROUND
#66 Pick - Washington Capitals - Sami Lepisto
Overage D had a great WJC.

#68 Pick - Chicago Blackhawks - Adam Berti
Really like this pick. He's a really good skater with size and is a good bet to break out this year IMO.

#75 Pick - Anaheim Mighty Ducks - Tim Brent
Good pick-up. He's a solid well rounded player who's a good bet to make the NHL.

#79 Pick - Minnesota Wild - Clayton Stoner
Overage D plays a really solid defensive game. Won't ever put up good points but has good size and defensive skills.

#83 Pick - St. Louis Blues - Viktor Alexandrov
Really like this pick. He's got great speed and played well in the Russian super league all year.

#89 Pick - Ottawa Senators - Jeff Glass
IMO he's the third best goalie in the draft.

#91 Pick - Vancouver Canucks - Alexander Edler
Don't know much about him but I've heard excellent things on this board about him.

4TH ROUND
#103 Pick - Phoenix Coyotes - Roman Tomanek
Smaller scoring winger who's hit or miss.

#106 Pick - Atlanta Thrashers - Chad Painchaud
Small winger with great speed could turn into a Todd Marchant type player.

#109 Pick - Carolina Hurricanes - Brett Carson
Big D with decent all around skill, nice pick up for the 4th round.

#115 Pick - New York Islanders - Wes O'Neill
Really like this pick also. He played injured alot of the year on Notre Dames first pairing as an 18 year old. I think that he's a good bet for a player who's going to surprize alot of people this year.

#118 Pick - Calgary Flames - Aki Seitsonen
Big hard working fin forward looks like a safe pick for making NHL.

#124 Pick - Philadelphia Flyers - David Laliberte
Excellent speed and decent hands. Good shot at making the NHL as a third liner.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Considering the Bruins traded a 1st and 2nd, they still came away with two great picks.
Karsums and Kreji bith could of been drafted in the late first and early second. We were lucky to get one of them

Kick Save

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Homer Alert!

I'm not taking issue with any of the names offered so far, but Jordan Smith looked awfully good in the Ducks/Kings/Sharks/Yotes Rookie tournament. Could be a poor man's Adam Foote.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Roman Voloshenko!

I think the problems with his skating were a bit overblown...And he should help the Wild out in the scoring department. I think the Wild actually had a pretty good draft this year, for once...

X-SHARKIE

Jordan Smith was great value at 39 but not a steal IMO because that is were he should've went.

I agree with Moose on Karsums...I took him 34th in my Keeper league...I love the way the guy plays....Small, ellusive, slippery, quick, skilled, gritty, it's all there.

The Jerk*

X-SHARKIE said:
Jordan Smith was great value at 39 but not a steal IMO because that is were he should've went.

I agree with Moose on Karsums...I took him 34th in my Keeper league...I love the way the guy plays....Small, ellusive, slippery, quick, skilled, gritty, it's all there.

He plays small???

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Watch out for Billy Ryan. For some odd reason the Ranger scouts (who said he watched him 35 times!) were REALLY excicted about him. They were eyeing him with that (3rd) pick before the draft.

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
West said:
#89 Pick - Ottawa Senators - Jeff Glass
IMO he's the third best goalie in the draft.

Glad to see that I wasn't the only one that was high on Glass. Those on the SJ board remember me hyping him before the draft. Ottawa had a really strong draft. I'm impressed with their scouting department more and more as time goes by.

~Crazed.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Bruce Graham IMO

"Graham has towering size (6’6 220lbs) and has shown significant improvement in his game this season. Graham improved from a 28-point rookie season to record 57 points in his sophomore campaign. He also improved his skating and defensive play, both of which will undoubtedly be re-addressed when he turns pro. Though he doesn’t possess a mean-streak and likely won’t be a fighter, he is no powder-puff and will grind it out along the boards and take a beating in front of the net, where a player of his size needs to excel."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad