Second-Chance World Series: The best from every MLB franchise not to win it all

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Absolutely. I have no doubt that the Jays beat the Mets in 2015.

Having said that, the Royals played an incredible team game. The Jays had a deadly lineup and a good rotation (not great but very good even) but a really thin bullpen due to injuries.

Gibbons also mismanaged games but honestly the biggest problem was that every hit went up there trying to hit bombs and Joey Bats was the only guy able to do it. All these elite hitters and no one can get on base. Such a shame.
The Royals series is still one of my worst sports memories to date.

Game 2 was an horrid choke - Price was dominating through 6 or so innings with a comfy 4-0 lead then Goins missed the pop-up, and the Royals began hitting everything after that momentum swing; besides all the Leaf chokes this has to rank high up as one of the worst TO sports moments in recent memory.

Game 4 was terrible too. RA Dickey decided to throw the ball like it was batting practice and the Jays couldn't get a hit off of 95-year old Chris Young.

Game 6 was the worst of the worst. That fan clearly reached out to grab the HR (it should've only been a double), the strike-zone in the 9th inning was brutal, but most of all, everyone besides Bautista forgot how to put the ball in play with RISP. They had runners at second and third with no one out in the ninth, you have to at least score one of them.

It was such an brutal way to end what was a wonderful and memorable year. If one of those games had went our way, the Jays undoubtedly would've beat the Mets in the WS.

I'm not sure when the next time will be that the Jays can field such a good team.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Absolutely. I have no doubt that the Jays beat the Mets in 2015.

Having said that, the Royals played an incredible team game. The Jays had a deadly lineup and a good rotation (not great but very good even) but a really thin bullpen due to injuries.

Gibbons also mismanaged games but honestly the biggest problem was that every hit went up there trying to hit bombs and Joey Bats was the only guy able to do it. All these elite hitters and no one can get on base. Such a shame.

The 2015 Blue Jays felt like everyone wanted to play hero ball instead of getting on base...Kansas City had that advantage, get a hit/walk towards base, steal a base and run run run...

The Jays pitching was inconsistent from starting pitching to the bullpen. It’s like you weren’t gonna get question mark pitching from Price or Dickey.

Such a wasted opportunity, I hope the Blue Jays of now can reach their full potential and make a run.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
The 2015 Blue Jays felt like everyone wanted to play hero ball instead of getting on base...Kansas City had that advantage, get a hit/walk towards base, steal a base and run run run...

The Jays pitching was inconsistent from starting pitching to the bullpen. It’s like you weren’t gonna get question mark pitching from Price or Dickey.

Such a wasted opportunity, I hope the Blue Jays of now can reach their full potential and make a run.

Hero baseball. That is a great way of putting it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad