SEC and Big Ten set up joint advisory group

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Amid one of the most pivotal times in college athletics, the SEC and Big Ten, the two wealthiest conferences in America, are creating a joint advisory group of university presidents, chancellors and athletics directors to address the turmoil enveloping the industry, the league’s two commissioners told Yahoo Sports in an exclusive interview this week.

Tail wagging the NCAA dog?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Guess it makes sense for them to coordinate in their plans on how to fully carve up the ACC and Big Twelve cooperate moving forward.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So when do they turn on each other?

That’d be mutually assured destruction. They’ll proxy war each other in the other conferences instead.

Wait until they set up their own satellite mid-major conferences against the wishes of the member schools.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
If I’m the b12 and ACC and the G5- and the official lower divisions- I petition Congress to, at the very least, require compensation from gaining schools for transfers. This won’t stop what the P2 does, but it at least siphons off a little bit of the riches.

The soccer fans know I’m talking transfer fees. Negotiable, not required if out of scholarship, and the player is a party in the transfer negotiations.

And I tell you now… while P2 schools do have their share of blame, blame the rest of us who think unpaid labor is BS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad