Sebastian Aho for the Hart Trophy?

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Before you ignore my conclusion read this and I will tell you why.

Sebastaian Aho has currently 21 + 30 = 51 points in 45 games. There is a big difference from the rest of the team. 2nd Teuvo Teravainen has 38 points and 3th Justin Williams 27 points. Also Sebastian Aho has +15 when players like Justin Williams has -14 Dougie Hamilton -13 Jaccob Slavin -12 and Jordan Staal -11.

Sebastian Aho is the Carolina Hurricanes and he has no support just like Taylor Hall last year and he won the Hart Trophy with 93 points. Sebastian Aho is probably gonna have at least 93 points.

I'm not telling Aho is better than Kucherov, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen or Gaudreau for example. Aho is not gonna be Art Ross finalist but Hart Trophy - sure.

Kucherov has Point, Stamkos, Hedman and Vasilevski.
McDavid, well the Oilers doesn't look like a playoff team.
Rantanen and MacKinnon have each others.
Gaudreau, well there are 5 point per game players in Calgary!!

Carolina Hurricanes is a minus team but still Aho has +15 and the Canes have a good chance to go to the playoffs. And if the Canes are going to the playoffs - Sebastian Aho gotta be a Hart Trophy finalist and maybe even a winner if he keeps going like this.

Thank you for reading and please respect my opinion and don't start talking about Marner

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Aho has been on fire during the Canes recent winning streak. 12 points in the past 7 games as the Canes win 6 of 7. Canes have been using Aho/TT on the Penalty Kill recently and they have been roasting teams. I wouldn't be surprised if Aho's short-handed high-danger shot differential was positive in his favor (ie: He's generating more PK scoring chances than the opposing team's PP is). If the Canes make the Playoffs then it will be on Aho's back.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland
Sebastian Aho is the Carolina Hurricanes and he has no support just like Taylor Hall last year and he won the Hart Trophy with 93 points. Sebastian Aho is probably gonna have at least 93 points.

I wouldn't say he's necessarily "probably" going to have at least 93 points. He had a good game last game. He's on pace for 93 points now but prior to last night he was on pace for 88 points. Regardless, 93 points this season doesn't mean as much last season due to the high scoring...

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
This topic probably won't end well, but it's an interesting question. However, there are multiple factors outside of just his play on the ice that's going to hurt his chances:

1. So many awards are about first impressions. Someone who dominates early in the year, then fades a bit is going to be more memorable than someone who starts slow and finishes hot. Just the way things work.

2. Carolina rarely has enough media coverage to have any of their players up for any major awards, in the few times when they might deserve it.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
[MOD]

Not a chance. Kucherov, McDavid, or Gaudreau are the front runners.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
This topic probably won't end well, but it's an interesting question. However, there are multiple factors outside of just his play on the ice that's going to hurt his chances:

1. So many awards are about first impressions. Someone who dominates early in the year, then fades a bit is going to be more memorable than someone who starts slow and finishes hot. Just the way things work.

2. Carolina rarely has enough media coverage to have any of their players up for any major awards, in the few times when they might deserve it.

Let's make it end well.

And well that's so unfair for the Canes and Sebastian Aho. I wish it would be 100% of skill and not about the luck like where are you playing and with who or where are you drafted.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
[MOD]

Not a chance. Kucherov, McDavid, or Gaudreau are the front runners.

I bet that you didn't even read my thread. Please tell me why not?

With the supporting cast around him, make the playoffs and thats pretty much the definition of the Hart Trophy (ala Hall last year). Unless Kucherov finishes with like 40/50 more points than the next teammate.

Yeah exactly!

Kucherov is better than Aho but Tampa has so many players who could be in the conversation. Aho has none.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Let's make it end well.

And well that's so unfair for the Canes and Sebastian Aho. I wish it would be 100% of skill and not about the luck like where are you playing and with who or where are you drafted.

Eh, it's the nature of the beast.

Cam Ward had a few seasons where, had he been in a bigger market, he would have been in Vezina talks. Slavin probably could have earned some Norris talks with his play last season, had he been in New York or Toronto instead of Carolina.

It's one of the issues playing in a non-traditional market, though the fact that the Canes have sucked for so long obviously doesn't help.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Before you ignore my conclusion read this and I will tell you why.

Sebastaian Aho has currently 21 + 30 = 51 points in 45 games. There is a big difference from the rest of the team. 2nd Teuvo Teravainen has 38 points and 3th Justin Williams 27 points. Also Sebastian Aho has +15 when players like Justin Williams has -14 Dougie Hamilton -13 Jaccob Slavin -12 and Jordan Staal -11.

I'm not telling Aho is better than Kucherov, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen or Gaudreau for example. Aho is not gonna be Art Ross finalist but Hart Trophy - sure.

Kucherov has Point, Stamkos, Hedman and Vasilevski.
McDavid, well the Oilers doesn't look like a playoff team.
Rantanen and MacKinnon have each others.
Gaudreau, well there are 5 point per game players in Calgary!!

Carolina Hurricanes is a minus team but still Aho has +15 and the Canes have a good chance to go to the playoffs. And if the Canes are going to the playoffs - Sebastian Aho gotta be a Hart Trophy finalist and maybe even a winner if he keeps going like this.

Thank you for reading and please respect my opinion and don't start talking about Marner

You're welcome.

Marner should get more Hart consideration than Aho.

:)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It's already there with Hall's win last year.
The Hart has an interesting history. There are always blips where the award goes to a player that probably shouldn't get it. On balance, though, the voters do tend to give it to the best player in the league that year.

Last year you have the anomaly of the runaway Art Ross winner not being on a playoff team. That always puts the voters in a bind and that's normally when you end up with odd votes. Hopefully it doesn't happen this year, because it really cheapens the award in a historical sense, similar to how the Jack Adams now goes to the team with the best PDO on the playoff bubble, and the Byng goes to the scoring forward with the fewest PIMs.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The Hart has an interesting history. There are always blips where the award goes to a player that probably shouldn't get it. On balance, though, the voters do tend to give it to the best player in the league that year.

Last year you have the anomaly of the runaway Art Ross winner not being on a playoff team. That always puts the voters in a bind and that's normally when you end up with odd votes. Hopefully it doesn't happen this year, because it really cheapens the award in a historical sense, similar to how the Jack Adams now goes to the team with the best PDO on the playoff bubble, and the Byng goes to the scoring forward with the fewest PIMs.

Basically, the voted awards mean nothing.

Reactions: sparxx87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad