Pre-Game Talk: Seattle @ Toronto - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Well there was the report of him dealing with frequent migraines hence the tinted visor switch so might be related to that.

On a side note, McCann's 17 goals would sure be nice to have over Kerfoot's 19 points right now.

He's got 3 more points at ES shooting 25% on a career average 11%. I'd trade Kerfoot without hesitation but odds are he finishes the season with more ES points than McCann and only a little behind at all situations.

I wouldn't mind if Kerfoot was the one taken at ED but we'd still be looking to upgrade on McCann if we kept him. Partially since he'd be gone already as there's no way he's worth 5x5 with an NTC to us.

Reactions: Jojalu

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I believe this is Giordano's first game against the Kraken. He was their first captain in franchise history. That's kinda cool. Should mean a bit something extra to him.

Reactions: Smif

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Going to be at this one. Hoping they have the Canada game on jumbotron before the game and during intermission

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
First time seeing Seattle for me, was looking forward to it.

Guessing Murray gets the net.
Does Timmons get back in?

Have fun!

Seattle is a good hardworking team, a team full of experienced but not necessarily old 2nd and 3rd liners And an absence of anybody resembling a true superstar. I've watched them play the Kings and the Nux. They just seem to grind and grind some more. Their goals seem to come from the cycle and they put a premium on defending.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
"I don't think we're surprised at all; He's expecting a new contract this summer."* - Mitch Marner on Nylander leading the team in goals and points.

* Edited for what Mitch was likely really thinking.

Regardless of whether he's motivated by a new deal or just peaking and found consistency, let's hope Willie keeps it going.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's got 3 more points at ES shooting 25% on a career average 11%. I'd trade Kerfoot without hesitation but odds are he finishes the season with more ES points than McCann and only a little behind at all situations.

I wouldn't mind if Kerfoot was the one taken at ED but we'd still be looking to upgrade on McCann if we kept him. Partially since he'd be gone already as there's no way he's worth 5x5 with an NTC to us.

McCann has scored at a 30 goal, 60 pt pace over 3 seasons now playing for shittier teams. I have no doubt he'd do even better on the Leafs.

Reactions: Al14

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
1672962532332.gif

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
McCann has scored at a 30 goal, 60 pt pace over 3 seasons now playing for shittier teams. I have no doubt he'd do even better on the Leafs.

A third of his points in Seattle are on the PP, our first unit stays out the majority of the PP and he's not pushing any of the forwards off of it. Kerfoot has 3 PP points to McCanns 23 in that same span. You'd be paying a guy 5 mil for doing a job somewhere else that he'll never do for you unless a few top forwards get injured. Even if McCann got a 25% boost at ES from playing with Engvall and whoever he'd still be putting up worse ES numbers than Kerfoot did here.

Neither of them are good enough for our top-6, it really doesn't matter if one is scoring on a PP that doesn't have enough talent to bump him to 2nd unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad