Pre-Game Talk: Seattle @ Toronto - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Interesting dilemma tonight. I will be recording this one and watching after the World Juniors Gold Medal Game.

@ACC1224, agree in assuming Murray gets the net. I also DID miss seeing Timmins out there. I don't know who you take out though because I think the six that are in there are better even though I love his game.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Interesting dilemma tonight. I will be recording this one and watching after the World Juniors Gold Medal Game.

@ACC1224, agree in assuming Murray gets the net. I also DID miss seeing Timmins out there. I don't know who you take out though because I think the six that are in there are better even though I love his game.
My daughter is home from school and this was the only game that worked for her and I to attend together over the holidays. I think we would both rather sit on the couch at home and watch Canada but we don't get many nights out together anymore, so we'll head downtown for dinner and the game. I'll TIVO the Canada game but I don't think there is any chance I won't hear the score while at SBA. Be great if they would show it on the tv's while the Leafs are playing, there is one right above our seats.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

I will flip flop b/w them lol

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

psa.jpg

Reactions: Cleetus

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Storylines I'm watching for tonight:

If Timmins gets back in the lineup, who comes out? Does Timmins cement his roster spot?

Can Murray stabilize the net after Samsonov has struggled?

Marner's persuit of 500 points, just behind Matthews.

Is Nylander really as good as his current hot streak?

Is Seattle really this much better than they were last season?

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nah, I'd rather enjoy both experiences independently. Flipping is annoying and I am watching with others. It's pretty easy for me to not see the Leafs score until I want to. To each their own.
Yup, watching the WJC at a friend's place while the Leafs are being recorded at my place. They know I record and won't spoil it for me.

May just be me but it seems like Nylander gets sick a couple times a season.
Happens when he "meets someone" after the game. :naughty:

Reactions: wingman75

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Storylines I'm watching for tonight:

If Timmins gets back in the lineup, who comes out? Does Timmins cement his roster spot?

Can Murray stabilize the net after Samsonov has struggled?

Marner's persuit of 500 points, just behind Matthews.

Is Nylander really as good as his current hot streak?

Is Seattle really this much better than they were last season?
I think he'll continue to sit until Sunday unless an injury occurs.

Yup, watching the WJC at a friend's place while the Leafs are being recorded at my place. They know I record and won't spoil it for me.

Happens when he "meets someone" after the game. :naughty:
He's had the same girlfriend for years. Heard a few stories about Nylander over the years.

No matter which game you watch first I would expect to see the score of the other game at some point.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Nah, I'd rather enjoy both experiences independently. Flipping is annoying and I am watching with others. It's pretty easy for me to not see the Leafs score until I want to. To each their own.
I'll record both and flip only during intermissions. Watch the 1st period of juniors, then watch the 1st period of the Leafs. Then back to juniors for the 2nd, then back to the Leafs for the 2nd etc.

I also fast forward over commercials, this works really well and I'll probably end up finishing both games maybe 30 minutes or so after both are over.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

The one time VR actually makes sense, just pop up both on big screens side by side in a perfect replica of the Playboy mansion.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
An exciting battle tonight against the only 2 teams that have never won a playoff round in the salary cap era since it was instituted in 2004.

Leafs should blow away the 2nd year NHL recent expansion franchise, but the Kraken are in a current playoff spot.

Really interested to see how this game plays out.

Be watching and cheering Team Canada on live, but the Leaf game on PVR will be viewed thereafter.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
An exciting battle tonight against the only 2 teams that have never won a playoff round in the salary cap era since it was instituted in 2004.

Leafs should blow away the 2nd year NHL recent expansion franchise, but the Kraken are in a current playoff spot.

Really interested to see how this game plays out.

Be watching and cheering Team Canada on live, but the Leaf game on PVR will be viewed thereafter.
Based on what?

Reactions: Jojalu

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
No matter which game you watch first I would expect to see the score of the other game at some point.

Was able to do it Saturday for the Avs game. I'm older (like you ;)) and can stay off the internet for the 90 mins it takes to watch a recorded game.

Reactions: ACC1224

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I'll record both and flip only during intermissions. Watch the 1st period of juniors, then watch the 1st period of the Leafs. Then back to juniors for the 2nd, then back to the Leafs for the 2nd etc.

I also fast forward over commercials, this works really well and I'll probably end up finishing both games maybe 30 minutes or so after both are over.
I do like starting a game late (recorded) and skipping through the commercials and intermissions!! It's a rare occurrence, but I do enjoy the expedited watching experience.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022

Murray gits the net yessiirrrppp. Three six mafiaaa!!!! ITS A FIGHT ITS A FIGHT! HEADBUSSAS! HEADBUSSAS!!! ✊✊✊✊️ WE GON RUMBLE IN THIS SNITCH!!! ITS A FIGHT ITS A FIGHT!!!

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I do like starting a game late (recorded) and skipping through the commercials and intermissions!! It's a rare occurrence, but I do enjoy the expedited watching experience.
It works like a charm. I've been doing this for years as I'm also a Raptor fan and there are so many nights when both teams play. Non-stop action, no commercials, no intermissions, it's like a dream come true. :)

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Was able to do it Saturday for the Avs game. I'm older (like you ;)) and can stay off the internet for the 90 mins it takes to watch a recorded game.
Doesn't your eyes go to the ticker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad