Seattle Thunderbirds Mega-Thread

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Hey guys,

Thought it would be fun to start a thread for our WHL Seattle Thunderbirds. I'm a huge fan and go to many games a year. Been going ever since they were playing back at Seattle Center. Love their new arena and everything about them. Every seat is great and it's only $18 to get in.

Since hockey has always been a vibrant but underground thing in the Northwest, I figure there's got to be some Thunderbirds fans here as well.

Feel free to talk anything Thunderbirds here.

Stoked Roddy Ross got drafted by the Flyers!

Reactions: nwhockeyfan

Ryan Pat80

Mar 16, 2019
Colorado Springs
Hey guys,

Thought it would be fun to start a thread for our WHL Seattle Thunderbirds. I'm a huge fan and go to many games a year. Been going ever since they were playing back at Seattle Center. Love their new arena and everything about them. Every seat is great and it's only $18 to get in.

Since hockey has always been a vibrant but underground thing in the Northwest, I figure there's got to be some Thunderbirds fans here as well.

Feel free to talk anything Thunderbirds here.

Stoked Roddy Ross got drafted by the Flyers!
See many Colorado Thunderbirds kids coming through? It's always kinda cool seeing them going far, reminds me of times when I could actually play lol.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
See many Colorado Thunderbirds kids coming through? It's always kinda cool seeing them going far, reminds me of times when I could actually play lol.

Scott Eansor is the only recent one. Mumaugh was around 4-5 years ago and was rarely used since there were much better options in net. Griffin Foulk spent small parts of 2 seasons with the T-Birds before that. The roster is almost exclusively Canadians with the occasional Euro import. Last year featured no Americans despite having over 30something kids rostered. The American Tier I midget programs like the Colorado Thunderbirds almost exclusively send their kids the NCAA route through Junior A in Canada, UShow, and the NAHL, save for a respectable number from the Detroit-based programs getting their kids sent to the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad