Seattle Seahawks Thread

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Ok, I know there’s gotta be some Hawks fans in this section.

Who is ****ing hyped Beastmode is back?!?
I have realistic expectations for a guy who is 33 and hasn't been the "Beast" in a few years. That style of running takes it toll.

If he gets 10 touches and does well, awesome. But, the game rests on whether Carroll and Schottenheimer alter the game plan to put the ball in Wilson's hands. But, their passing game is not very creative to give their receivers ways to get open. They are a run, then play action pass for deep shots type of team. Top 3 RB's are out as are the 2 best OL in Britt and Brown and their top TE in Dissly.

Will likely need a big defensive or special teams play on Sunday vs SF.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I have realistic expectations for a guy who is 33 and hasn't been the "Beast" in a few years. That style of running takes it toll.

If he gets 10 touches and does well, awesome. But, the game rests on whether Carroll and Schottenheimer alter the game plan to put the ball in Wilson's hands. But, their passing game is not very creative to give their receivers ways to get open. They are a run, then play action pass for deep shots type of team. Top 3 RB's are out as are the 2 best OL in Britt and Brown and their top TE in Dissly.

Will likely need a big defensive or special teams play on Sunday vs SF.

Yeah I’m not expecting vintage Beastmode but the signing is going to bring a jolt of energy to a team that just had both their RB’s go down.

I think Marshawn just being around and providing that spark to a team that may have been down on themselves because of injuries and the last loss, could be huge. I mean, not much else they can do but throw a Hail Mary and hope he can help out a bit.

Hopefully Turbin can pitch in too. Injuries really depleted this team of any chance I think.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I was at the game sunday against the Cards; after a train wreck like that I welcome any and all injections of talent/ competence.

-down to our #4 RB
-down to our #3 and 4 TE's
-two best O-line are out for the year, I expect Fant will go at LT and that scares me a little bit against SF

But have to admit, getting Lynch back warms the ol' cockles a little bit and it sounds like he's been working hard to get back into shape for some time now.
Another positive thing on D is that Rasheem Green looks like he's become the player we were all hoping he would. Huge strides forward this year, and we're going to need him next year.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I was at the game sunday against the Cards; after a train wreck like that I welcome any and all injections of talent/ competence.

-down to our #4 RB
-down to our #3 and 4 TE's
-two best O-line are out for the year, I expect Fant will go at LT and that scares me a little bit against SF

But have to admit, getting Lynch back warms the ol' cockles a little bit and it sounds like he's been working hard to get back into shape for some time now.
Another positive thing on D is that Rasheem Green looks like he's become the player we were all hoping he would. Huge strides forward this year, and we're going to need him next year.
Offence got hit hard with Injuries.

D has been missing their 2 best pass rushers as well. Need Clowney back to play like he did against SF in the first game. He was BEAST Mode that game.

Seattle has a lot of DL on rookie deals, but a lot of depth guys and no standouts. Best of the bunch is Reed. Jefferson, Jones, Green, Collier right now are rotational guys. None consistently require a double team. Seattle doesn't have a player on a rookie contract who has been a pro bowler. Far cry from the LOB days.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hawks looking to steer this game home. Russ doing Russ things today.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hawks looking to steer this game home. Russ doing Russ things today.
Sucks that Wentz got hurt. Really made it a dull game from that point forward. Given how Seattle could not run the ball, imagine if wilson got hurt and Smith was at the helm? Yikes....

Best 2 QBs going at it in one nfc matchup while the other one pits the 2 most talented rosters (non QB) against each other.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
GO HAWKS!

Wasnt worried about WildCard round but Green Bay (especially away) is a kryptonite. Seattle hasn't won in GB since 99 and hasn't won an away Divisional round game since 83. So many games where the Hawks are down 10-20 at half and they scrap to try to make it close at the end.

Seahawks season ticket holder as well as patiently waiting for my turn to for Seattle NHL season tickets.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
GO HAWKS!

Wasnt worried about WildCard round but Green Bay (especially away) is a kryptonite. Seattle hasn't won in GB since 99 and hasn't won an away Divisional round game since 83. So many games where the Hawks are down 10-20 at half and they scrap to try to make it close at the end.

Seahawks season ticket holder as well as patiently waiting for my turn to for Seattle NHL season tickets.
Neither GB or SEA is truly elite. Neither D is great at defending the run. Both teams will need to take advantage of it depending on how impactful the weather conditions are going to be.

Packers have not been great at home in the playoffs during the Rodgers era.

Anyone know the health of the Seattle OL with Brown and Upati?

Should be a close game down to the wire.

But, the OC will need to do what he did last week which was let Russ throw the ball on 1st and 2nd down. Can't always be 2 consecutive runs before a 3rd and 8 throw.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Honestly this is an encapsulation of their season. They are notorious slow starters cause they aim to establish the run early. 7 plays and 1 1st down on their first 2 drives.

they end up behind the 8 ball if they can’t run early.
Leaves themselves no margin of error as the game unfolds. Needed to score on all of their 2nd half possessions. They are not a KC high scoring offence. Take time to move up and down the field, so they only had 4 possessions in the second half.

Seattle needs more playmakers. Hawks haven't drafted a pro bowl player since the 2012 draft with Wilson and Wagner. 7 drafts and no one from 2013-2019 has made the pro bowl on Offence or Defence.

Some good players over that stretch like Clark, Lockett, but not elite guys.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad