Post-Game Talk: Seattle Kraken Draft & Trades III

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I had worked myself up over the past couple of years - and especially the last couple of months - about this draft. In no way, shape, or form would I have ever predicted this was Francis’ strategy. F-.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Sweeney prefers small defensemen?

Sweeney defenders drafted:
Mcavoy 6’0
Carlo 6’5
Lauzon 6’1
Zboril 6’0
Vaak 6’1
Lorhei 6’3
Langenbrunner 6’2
Lindgren 6’0
Anderson 6’0
McFaul 6’2
Bychov 5’11
Clarke 6’1

acquired and signed as free agents:

Tinordi 6’6
Moore 6’2
Reilly 6’1
Holden 6’4
Kampfer 5’11
John Michael liles 5’10
Colin Miller 6’1
Clifton 5’11

So hes brought in far less midgets than he has players that are at least 6 feet

You forgot 5' 8 - 179 lb Achan

I forgot to mention top 6 d-men over 6' and 200+ lbs who aren't afraid to hit and/or fight

How many of the d-men on your list are actually top 6 material??

Lauzon will be sorely missed

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Gotta say when it came to asking him about potential trades being announced after the freeze lifted it got pretty awkward...

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

I forgot to mention top 6 d-men over 6' and 200+ lbs who aren't afraid to hit and/or fight

How many over 6’0 defenders who are 200+ pounds that are willing to fight are there in the NHL right now? A very small percentage.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

I also didn’t mention Wolfe and Lyle who are big players. I avoided AHL players besides kampfer because he actually played a fair amount of games. Just kept it to nhl players and draft picks.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I would venture to guess there were probably 15+ teams that didn’t have a top 6 defender who was 6’0 200+ pounds that didn’t have multiple fighting majors in the NHL this year.

It’s not only a Bruins problem lol.

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
I guess the plan is to tank, which is probably a viable strategy but man that was anticlimactic
They still have plenty of time to improve their roster. I wasn't expecting the Oleksiak/Larsson signings but those were good moves. I'm also relatively happy that they plucked Gourde from Tampa it's a relatively big loss for them. Not completely sold on Driedger but I think it was less risky than taking on Price's contract. Forward group is definitely lacking as of right now but they still have a couple good pieces.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
How many over 6’0 defenders who are 200+ pounds that are willing to fight are there in the NHL right now? A very small percentage.

You have a point about the fighting, but most bigger d-men like to throw throw their weight around, and it's a must in the new NHL to have big, talented top 6 d-men who play very physical to wear their opponent down if you want to go far in the playoffs

Lauzon was one of 3 Bruins starting d-men who played a very physical game and will be sorely missed

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Ridiculous f***ing list, totally clueless.
He's impressed with Dmen over 6 feet when every other team is signing dmen 6'4 and up. Then lists mostly 8/9/10 dmen FFS.

Wake up folks. If you haven't noticed the recent SC winning teams have been loaded with oversized dmen. Doesn't matter that they are slow. When PO'S roll around, refs put away the whistles. All those penalties your trying to draw go in vain. Bruins have 1 oversized D that plays like he's Grizz's smaller brother.

The one dman that was left who played with some edge just went to Seattle.

Your not winning shit with that Dcorps.

Keep Mac , scrap the rest.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
The Caps didn’t protect Vanicek huh? Guess they plan on bringing in a goalie. It’s Samsonov and nobody. They must have learned their lesson. If you’re going to go with young goaltending…they have to be real deal.

Banking on guys like Samsonov and Pitt with Jarry surprised me. A lot of money spent elsewhere to have the rug pulled out.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
glad the team stinks, awful place and no one there cares about hockey. i hope they don’t win a game.

@Shaun - I know you lived there for a while but....

There were enough hardcore hockey fans that kept CBC Vancouver on basic cable in Seattle. That said when our crew escaped Vancouver and wound up in Seattle at Midnight after the Bruins won the Cup at the long-gone Fox Sports Grille on 6th Ave the patrons were oblivious to the Bruins winning.

What surprised me about Seattle is how hilly the city is - it rivals San Francisco and has a huge homeless problem.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
focus on just income tax, bunch of bullshit. Seattle has a pretty high cost of living.

The overall tax burden in Seattle is slightly above average. For a player making the ludicrous sums they make though no state income tax could be a factor. You're talking hundreds of thousands so who cares if you have the highest sales tax. I just think a lot of players are going to think the city is shit.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
glad the team stinks, awful place and no one there cares about hockey. i hope they don’t win a game.
My brother lived out there huge hockey area

Francis clearly trying to lose every game 2-1 and 3-2 and get one of those top two studs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad