GDT: Seattle Kraken at Pittsburgh Penguins at Noon (1 EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Graves was signed with the assumption that Petry would babysit him. Petry moved on, Karlsson was traded for and now the Pens are stuck with 2 players searching for a daddy to look after them
I don't think this is true at all. He was signed to play with Letang. The Pens always intended to move Petry in a Karlsson deal.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I don't think this is true at all. He was signed to play with Letang. The Pens always intended to move Petry in a Karlsson deal.

No and there was no reason to think Karlsson was coming to Pittsburgh during FA. At the time Karlsson was still deciding what teams he was going to waive his NMC for. Toronto was one of those teams

Big Poppa Pump

Holla If Ya Hear Me
Feb 22, 2009
Rakell needs to shoot. Hard and low. Crosby has the hands to get the rebound if it goes to him.
These guys don't look to shoot first, lol....

Remember, these are the same guys who had a 3 on 0 and didn't manage to get a shot on goal against the Isles last year or 2 years ago.

Ruh just got smoked.....

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
I didn't have a problem with the Graves signing. But I think it's become clear that the Pens need a different type of player to play with Letang and Karlsson. A big body would be nice, but at the very least they need someone with the smarts of Pettersson.

Letang and Karlsson are going to take more than enough risks. You can't have someone missing assignments or making poor decisions next to them.

Exactly.

Graves has similar size to Dumoulin, a similar reluctance to USE that size for anything, shoots lefthanded.... but he is NOT Brian Dumoulin. If Dubas thought that Graves played a similar style to Dumo, then he was an idiot for signing him; if Sully thinks Graves has ever played that style or could be forced to do so then he's an idiot too.

Graves has generated offense during his career by being paired with players like John Marino -- Graves gets to play a little more in the o-zone and his partner covers for him.

What did our fools in the front office expect when they got Graves to play with either Letang or EK? Did these fools think it would be ever so simple to force Graves to play in a way he's never had to play before?

Graves-Petts would be a fine combo albeit not so flashy or exciting. But then who plays with 58 and 65? We've got nobody. POJ sucks massive ass and Ludvig, even when healthy, isn't ready for 20 minutes a game on a top-D pairing.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
No and there was no reason to think Karlsson was coming to Pittsburgh during FA. At the time Karlsson was still deciding what teams he was going to waive his NMC for. Toronto was one of those teams
Dubas had been exploring a trade for Karlsson for a while. The talks heated up after the start of free agency, but Karlsson was always a target.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dunn is proving Pixies @Gurglesons right from the expansion draft. He's solid as hell and this year is shaping up as his best of three. Beniers is mired in a sophomore slump, but I don't see him staying down for long. Seems like a great kid, very mature.
I think most knew Dunn was good. Hell when we got the fake Dunn I wished it was Vince Dunn from the Blues. He's an awesome player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad