Seattle III: All Along the Watchtower (UPD: Rumored expansion 2014-15 Post#829)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
We're stuck in a purple haze!

All along the watchtower, Glenn Healy kept kept the view
While all the NBA franchises came and went, barefoot Maloofs, too.
Outside in the cold distance PKP did growl,
Two owners were approaching, the Coyote began to howl.

Hendrix-Web.jpg

old thread: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1448669

Last edited:

Brodie

Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
I see Brodie has taken charge of the Seattle Watch, so let's go off to the new thread:

I have so many Seattle related song/thread title ideas, how else am I supposed to make sure they get used? :laugh:

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
Prospective Seattle NHL owner has 'deep roots' in Washington
by CHRIS DANIELS / KING 5 News
Posted on June 21, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Updated today at 5:14 PM

SEATTLE – Ray Bartoszek may be willing to make another investment in Seattle.

The co-owner of a Connecticut-based investment firm, along with partner Anthony Lanza, recently met with Seattle city leaders to discuss their interest in bringing an NHL franchise to the city. A source says they all toured Key Arena, and surveyed the work which would need to be done to make it happen.

His interest comes as no surprise to those that know him in Seattle.

“I can tell you that he and his wife have deep roots in the Washington State and the Puget Sound region,†said Meg O’Conor, spokesperson for Seattle-based biotech company Kineta. Bartoszek, and his wife Lydia, have invested in the company, which focuses on developing on therapeutics to fight autoimmune disease, viral disease and chronic pain. The Bartoszek’s invested in the company through their firm RLB Holdings.

http://www.king5.com/sports/Prospec...deep-roots-in-Washington-state-212564921.html

Posted in the hopes of getting the thread back on track

Brodie

Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Interesting that the first thing we're hearing from these dudes is from a corporate spokesperson.

A right handed guitare played by a left handed guitarist... A bit confuising just like glendale

left handed guitars were incredibly rare in the day... most lefties of a certain vintage don't even know how to play them, they all learned on right handers.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Interesting that the first thing we're hearing from these dudes is from a corporate spokesperson.

left handed guitars were incredibly rare in the day... most lefties of a certain vintage don't even know how to play them, they all learned on right handers.

They should have followed the master and just played them upside down, seems to have worked out ok for that guy.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Weve' got desert up here as well, from Osoyoo's in BC down through eastern Washington State, eventually connecting with the Sonoran in Utah, Arizona etc, all of course maintained & patrolled by the Sasquatch who live & travel via a labyrinth of underground tunnel systems. I guess youve been out here long enough to be told that, fill you in a bit on the culture. Hell of a thing to encounter one our friendly giants out on a lonely mountain pass or wherever and just freak out.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Weve' got desert up here as well, from Osoyoo's in BC down through eastern Washington State, eventually connecting with the Sonoran in Utah, Arizona etc, all of course maintained & patrolled by the Sasquatch who live & travel via a labyrinth of underground tunnel systems. I guess youve been out here long enough to be told that, fill you in a bit on the culture. Hell of a thing to encounter one our friendly giants out on a lonely mountain pass or wherever and just freak out.

Pretty amazing contrast though, huh, once you get over the Cascades? A forest of wind turbines.

Brodie

Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
In Oregon, it goes from high desert to verdant farmland to temperate rainforest like whoa

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I really hate to be "that guy", but I'm just so lost in all of the Phoenix/Seattle stuff.

Could anyone be so kind as to provide this moron (that's me) an overview of what the situation is?

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I really hate to be "that guy", but I'm just so lost in all of the Phoenix/Seattle stuff.

Could anyone be so kind as to provide this moron (that's me) an overview of what the situation is?

coyotes-no owner no arena, negotiations ongoing with RSE. deadline believed to be june 25th-july 2nd

seattle-believed to be plan b if coyotes need to move july 2nd, mayor says key arena will be ready. Lanza and Bartoszek rumored to be Seattle owners

quebec-on record as renovating colisee for upcoming season, but not mentioned as destination since may

:)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

Seattle? Beatles played Key Arena in 64 & 66, so if it was good enough for them, prolly too good for the NHL heh? Stayed at the Edgewater Inn both times. Guess they liked it. MacDougalls Department Store actually bought the carpet from their rooms (minutes after theyd checked out), ripped it up off the floors, cut it up into teeny tiny pieces and sold them off as souvenirs, keepsakes.... There. Up to speed, crystal?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
coyotes-no owner no arena, negotiations ongoing with RSE. deadline believed to be june 25th-july 2nd

seattle-believed to be plan b if coyotes need to move july 2nd, mayor says key arena will be ready. Lanza and Bartoszek rumored to be Seattle owners

quebec-on record as renovating colisee for upcoming season, but not mentioned as destination since may

:)

People in the Phoenix thread are saying it's too late to move the Coyotes for next season, even now. Is there any truth to that?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
People in the Phoenix thread are saying it's too late to move the Coyotes for next season, even now. Is there any truth to that?

It'd be difficult, but not impossible. There's a lot conjecture both ways about that stuff. No one seems to have any clear idea on how long it would really take. My gut tells me the 4 months they would have would be enough.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
In Oregon, it goes from high desert to verdant farmland to temperate rainforest like whoa

You only described I-84. Try the high pine forests, the fault-block ranges, and the volcanic Cascades sometime. Then there's the coast, which is far more exciting than anything in California (unless you're still allowed to fawn over the bikini-clad).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad