Seattle effects

Which Division would you prefer after Seattle joins the league

• Total voters

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Hello. I'm sorry to invade your board, but I come with a question, not an accusation or a criticism....

Given that Seattle will be joining the league officially in December, and hopefully starting play in fall of 2020, there would be 9 teams in the Pacific. That doesn't seem likely to stand, so I am wondering which of the following you all prefer.....

Would Flames fans prefer to be in this division:
CGY, EDM, VAN, SEA, SJS, ANA, LAK, VGK

or, this division:
CGY, EDM, WPG, MIN, CHI, STL, DAL, NAS

Thanks for your input.

As I see it, my question comes down to....

Do you have a strong preference for Vancouver over Winnipeg, and if you have a slight preference, does the lessening of Pacific coast start times affect your preference at all?

Thanks.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
More travel if Calgary joins the central division thus less desirable. Besides, Bettman said there will be minimal change to each division so choice A is the obvious choice to do that.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Just completing for the full visual...

Pac: CGY, EDM, VAN, SEA, SJS, ANA, LAK, VGK
Cen: WPG, MIN, CHI, STL, DAL, NAS, COL, AZC

Or

Pac: VAN, SEA, SJS, ANA, LAK, VGK, COL, AZC
Cen: CGY, EDM, WPG, MIN, CHI, STL, DAL, NAS

The first groupings feel they fit better.

AZC better hope theyare good in 2 years, because with more added away games out of their time zone, their TV revenue will take a hit.

Just have use you our imagination to see where SEA/VGK are

60f062af99c17c1167502415ddbbdc0a.png

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
It is doubtful the NHL would not take advantage of some of the regional rivalry between Seattle and Calgary, Vancouver, or Edmonton that exists in the WHL.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
"Seattle's Special Affects"

I'm not looking forward to the expansion draft. Just when the Flames finally get some great depth YOU PULL ONE BACK OUT!!!

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
"Seattle's Special Affects"

I'm not looking forward to the expansion draft. Just when the Flames finally get some great depth YOU PULL ONE BACK OUT!!!

I don't know why but I read this in George Costanza's voice.

Reactions: Corpus X

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Seattle will just force AZ to the central.

Even then I believe that AZ is moving. They just lose too much revenue for the NHL. There are better options in the central, like Houston (makes too much sense), Milwaukee/Green Bay, or even Kansas City.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad