Seattle Based Oak View Group Officially Submit’s NHL Expansion Application

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Seeing as how there's a decent chance I relocate to Seattle, I'm excited. I'll still be a Golden Knights fan, but apparently I'm pegged to participate in ticket drives.

Anyone else have a city that might want a team that I can potentially relocate to?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
This one is as good as done and I don't see the NHL expanding any more. Then the next phase begins and they can figure out what to do with Arizona, but where that team moves most likely isn't going to do any kind of ticket drive.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I wonder if the success of the Vegas franchise on the ice in its first season, and all the positive hoopla around it, might have helped expediate the process in Seattle. Visions of sugarplums and home wins might be dancing in their eyes.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
2017 expansion draft for Vegas.

2020ish expansion draft for Seattle.

I thought it was a 3-year exemption, so in that case Vegas would not be included in expansion draft. But I'm guessing that VGK cannot be a "safe haven for teams to trade a piece to to avoid expansion draft.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I just hope we get a pass if within 3 years of our expansion draft. Be rough to lose something this early on.

Doesn't really matter much unless GMGM goes on a free agent signing spree. I count 8 skaters they really want to protect right now with Miller a bit of a maybe depending on what he costs in a few years. The rest it's like oh well, losing an Eakin or a McNabb won't cause any tears to be shed.

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
2017 expansion draft for Vegas.

2020ish expansion draft for Seattle.

I thought it was a 3-year exemption, so in that case Vegas would not be included in expansion draft. But I'm guessing that VGK cannot be a "safe haven for teams to trade a piece to to avoid expansion draft.

It is just a mind-bending exercise to even start to think of a protection list for this team. :huh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad