Seattle _____ ? - They registered 13 potential names today. Your preference?

Your preference? Seattle _____?

• Total voters

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Firebirds, Kraken and Renegedes are the only ones that aren't horrible. Even Renegades sounds like a peewee team though. And Firebird will always remind me of the car

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Kraken doesn't have anything to do with Seattle as far as I know.. kinda sounds cool I guess but isn't Kraken a Norwegian thing?

Reactions: travis scott

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Cougars, Eagles, Firebirds, and Renegades are too generic sounding.

Whales and Seals are too close to Golden Seals and Whalers; shouldn't really matter but I don't like it.

Sea Lions is just a flat out no, you don't name your team after that. I may lean towards Evergreens here as well, but I don't fully hate it.

I sort of liked Kraken when I first heard it but it's been rumored so long that I don't know if I like it that much. It's not generic like the ones above but it sounds a bit bush-league TBH.

Seattle Totem sounds weird to say.

That leaves Emeralds, Rainiers, and Sockeyes for me. Problem with them is that they already have teams around that area that share those names. I really like Sockeyes though. The name packs a nice punch and at least feels unique. Ultimately that would be my choice.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Kraken doesn't have anything to do with Seattle as far as I know.. kinda sounds cool I guess but isn't Kraken a Norwegian thing?
Meh, if nothing else at least it sounds cool. As far as I know LA never had a King, Vegas never had medieval knights, The Flames in Calgary are from a fire in Atlanta. It's not just hockey, there's no Lions or Tigers in Detroit

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Seattle Totem sounds weird to say.

That's because it's supposed to be plural (Totems).

Guyle-on-ice-e1305498926218.jpg

I've updated the poll choices accordingly.

Reactions: DL44

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Meh, if nothing else at least it sounds cool. As far as I know LA never had a King, Vegas never had medieval knights, The Flames in Calgary are from a fire in Atlanta. It's not just hockey, there's no Lions or Tigers in Detroit

Good point. Maybe they should go with Kraken, it does fit with the wet/ocean vibes of the city after all.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway

Heh, I was gonna give you a lecture here, thinking Kraken's some old Norwegian thing. Silly.

I've never heard of it before the "Pirates...." movies, so I always thought it was either just made up or from somewhere in Asia or something.

Turns out it is supposed to be a sea-monster from these neck of the woods. Yeah, I'll just go hand in my passport now.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I like the sound of 'Seattle Evergreens' although it's weird to be named after some trees
'Eagles' is decent too IMO

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
You know how names eventually grow on you...

In the time from when I produced this poll to right now and reading the names numerous times... Sockeyes has really grown on me...
(yes in just 25 minutes)

Yeah, I liked it at the start, and it keeps sounding better the more I say it. Easy winner for me.

That's because it's supposed to be plural (Totems).

Guyle-on-ice-e1305498926218.jpg

I've updated the poll choices accordingly.

Thats an error by the OP. The team was called the Seattle Totems.

Hmmm, still not a fan TBH. It's almost like it's too obvious or something. Much better than Totem though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad