OT: Seats?? First Pens home game

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Cole when an upper bowler tries to give him their trash for free
really-i-cant.gif
Omg its the shoes that got me. Sooo @ColePens :biglaugh:

One of these days Ill get to Pittsburgh for a game...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Row A in the upper bowl has a lot of advantages and just as good of x's/o's if not better. You do not have one instance of detractors of fans sitting in front of you being super tall or just the nuisance of standing for average plays, getting up while play is happening blocking your view. That's part of the issue being in the lower bowl. Club seats, sure, a lot of advantages there for a price. Just remember you are there for a few hours and that cost ratio to enjoyment is a big deterrent for the average game goer and you add kids/family you're talking some serious cash per. game.

Edit: I do want to say the Pens do have enough diversity and cost factors to give anyone a good night at the games seating wise.

I do want to praise this response just a bit. I go to games to watch hockey. Period. So for me - i am great seat or bust because I love just feeling the ice, seeing the play, and being close to the game I love so dearly.

But @Ugene Magic brings up a good point. If you are going with a family or just want to have a few beers... sit wherever you can afford. The "entertainment" value is there. If you want the kids to run around and have a blast, they'll do it anywhere. So I think that was a good point.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Budget and availability are obviously a hindrance but I encourage everyone to watch a game right up against the glass once in their lives. The true speed of the game is just hard to appreciate from anywhere else.

I’ve only been fortunate to get seats like that a handful of times in my life, but it makes watching from further out or on tv even more special.

Reactions: Zirakzigil

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Budget and availability are obviously a hindrance but I encourage everyone to watch a game right up against the glass once in their lives. The true speed of the game is just hard to appreciate from anywhere else.

I’ve only been fortunate to get seats like that a handful of times in my life, but it makes watching from further out or on tv even more special.
This is true, but I find it more of a novelty that wears off by the 2nd period. I've sat front row in a number of areas and depending where you are (especially behind the benches) there can be some dead/hard to see areas. Forget about watching the big screen unless you want to have a stiff neck for a week. Maybe I'm just old, though.

The E Balcony of the Igloo was superb. Great view to watch the play develop. First couple of times I went to PPG and sat in the upper levels, I was distracted by how massive the jumbo tron was. I can't imagine now that they've supersized it for some reason.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad