Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Here's the thing with the whole Elam thing though. If you spend a late 1st and a late 6th on cornerback you kind of expect to end up with one starter and one fringe roster/ST/practice squad player. That's what they ended up with. The fact that the 6th rounder ended up as the starter actually helps them a little bit financially.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Here's the thing with the whole Elam thing though. If you spend a late 1st and a late 6th on cornerback you kind of expect to end up with one starter and one fringe roster/ST/practice squad player. That's what they ended up with. The fact that the 6th rounder ended up as the starter actually helps them a little bit financially.
And they still have depth. Let Elam develop, even if it is a slower pace.

Reactions: Zman5778

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
By all accounts, benford went out and earned the starting job with his play. Yeah, you wish Elam had made it a no-brainer, but you can't take away from Benford what he did to get the spot.

What I'm more concerned about is Bernard at MLB.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They drafted a player who was known to not fit their system out of need…and here we are with him scratched and giant holes in key areas that really could have used the foresight to draft. He’s a MLB, RT, outside WR they’re missing.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
They drafted a player who was known to not fit their system out of need…and here we are with him scratched and giant holes in key areas that really could have used the foresight to draft. He’s a MLB, RT, outside WR they’re missing.
I would have loved to see your freakout if the Bills drafted MLB with Edmunds still on the roster

I can hear "first rounders are expected to start!" ringing in my ears already. (Never mind that for late 1st round picks that's not really true)

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
The guy was drafted a year ago... he was a raw prospect used to playing man defense in the SEC. He is learning a brand new system that is asking him to learn new concepts and styles. He was thrust into action because Tre was hurt and held up. Imagine letting him develop (I know it's a shocking concept to let a first round pick develop) and getting a complete CB in a year or two

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers

• Haha
Reactions: Mike C

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers Aaron Rodgers
Seriously. Shut the f*** up.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
This just in: I've just had simply the best Cheddar in all my life 4X Sharp, Holiday Cheddar from Tina's Cheese Market Truck.

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
This is a great match up. So many angles, so much talent on the field. Not just for us and Jets fans. I feel like a lot of people are going to tuning in for this one.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I knew it was coming, the NFL/New York PR machine. That's why were not watching to kickoff. Just hoping it does not carry over to the referring narative too.
Not to mention that it's not every year that a Hall of Fame QB changes teams.

Brady got the same coverage when he switched. Joe Montana would have gotten the same had social media been what it is now.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
What would the hype machine have to say if Buffalo dismantles the Jets? However this one ends, it’ like everyone else says, it’s only one (or the first) game…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille