Season tickets

hackytorque

Oct 26, 2006
Vancouver
I know its not a clean comparison but I had such a poor experience at the last Canucks game. We paid for premium beer that was absolutely flat and there was very poor food options. It made me think about how great an owner Bayern Munich has.They only play about 20 home games a year but there season tickets are only 200 dollars a year. This is what the owner stated last year about season tickets. Bayern Munich is one of the most succesful teams in football.

In the soundbite, from last year, he says: 'We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

'That's the biggest difference between us and England.'

also they are refunding all the season ticket holders this year because they dominated the league.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...ch-refund-price-tickets-season-203135227.html

Again I know they are giants compared to the Canucks but it's not like the Aquillinis are gonna go broke by giving a bit better service to there loyal fans. Especially the ones who spend a days salary for tickets and beer.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Unfortunately, in both England (football) and the Canucks, they are essentially owned by foreign investors (i.e. NA,Saudis,Russians) that do care about winning but want to make a profit at the same time.

I love English football but it has become ridiculous. The prices are crazy and the game has gone downhill.

As long as people are still paying the prices the Canucks are charging (typically because of all the corporate tickets), then they will continue to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad