Season Ticket Sales

NyIsles19

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island
Hey so i got the email for renewal and they tried to just offer a fleece for each ticket the account had. I reminded him about the jerseys they were offering for renewals before the season was to begin and he said that it was for 1 jersey per account?? I could have sworn it was a jersey per seat and he is BS me considering how they tried to get out of giving us the jersey to begin with.

Does anyone remember or have the form they sent out with the details about they jerseys?

NyIsles19

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island
Hey so i got the email for renewal and they tried to just offer a fleece for each ticket the account had. I reminded him about the jerseys they were offering for renewals before the season was to begin and he said that it was for 1 jersey per account?? I could have sworn it was a jersey per seat and he is BS me considering how they tried to get out of giving us the jersey to begin with.

Does anyone remember or have the form they sent out with the details about they jerseys?

Also we had told them we would not renew when they first had called for payment until there was a new cba in place because it was obvious a lockout was possible. Do you think we are wrong for being furious that they informed us today when first emailing us to get tickets again that they sold our seats?

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
Well, you refused to renew your season tickets at the required time because you felt there was a lockout coming. Not that I necessarily blame you, but once you did that they were free to sell your seats to someone else.

lorwood

Nov 3, 2008
Also we had told them we would not renew when they first had called for payment until there was a new cba in place because it was obvious a lockout was possible. Do you think we are wrong for being furious that they informed us today when first emailing us to get tickets again that they sold our seats?

With a 48 game season, that let's be honest, could have this team out of playoff contention very quickly, and the availability of seats for a low cost (on a weeknight you can buy real cheap seats and sit wherever you want) why not sit out a year and let them think they lost an account (which they cannot afford to do) Next season you should be in a pretty strong position to get something out of your ticket rep (maybe a seat upgrade at a discount!)

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

GTFO, they sold your season-ticket seats without notifying you, and all you essentially asked them to do was put the seats on hold?!?! That's really ****ed up, and I shouldn't be shocked but that is absolutely classless. That piss-poor organization should be thankful for EVERY it still has.

IceAce

Strait Trippin'
Jun 9, 2010
Philadelphia
GTFO, they sold your season-ticket seats without notifying you, and all you essentially asked them to do was put the seats on hold?!?! That's really ****ed up, and I shouldn't be shocked but that is absolutely classless. That piss-poor organization should be thankful for EVERY it still has.

C'mon now, there's no "lay away" plan for season tickets. You seriously thought the team would just "hold" someone's seats for free? :confused:

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island

It was 1 jersey per account and if you signed up early it was a tavares jersey and a meet and greet with him. I did the early one so got the signed tavares jersey.

What i am more concerned with now is that they will do some deal to make tix even cheaper than they have been (ala the Lightning $200 season ticket) and I will wind up overpaying more than i already do, so waiting may not have been a bad thing.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
What i am more concerned with now is that they will do some deal to make tix even cheaper than they have been (ala the Lightning $200 season ticket) and I will wind up overpaying more than i already do, so waiting may not have been a bad thing.

Honestly thats the number one reason I'm not a season ticket holder.. I've been debating it for years and could afford two decent seats but what is the point when I can go on stubhub day of game and get tickets for $10 at times or go to the box office when they run special pricing. The season ticket holders get screwed IMO.

NyIsles19

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island

I know right i thought the exact same thing. At least notify us of a deadline or we lose them but no. What a shocker:shakehead.

After going back and forth with him he know claims that after doing research the owner of OUR seats has asked for a refund and has offered them to us again.

We tried to get 3 jerseys not just 1 but they were a no go on that and was able to get him to do the 1 signed jersey and 2 fleeces.

Do you guys think this is a good enough deal, im thinking it is. (although fighting with my bro over who gets the jersey will be another battle)

NyIsles19

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island
Also i love how they start me of with "Tickets are going so fast and theres not much left"

I want to be like well you told me that last year and i was surrounded by empty seats.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006

Why would they hold your seats if you decided not to buy.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Also i love how they start me of with "Tickets are going so fast and theres not much left"

I want to be like well you told me that last year and i was surrounded by empty seats.

Tell that that. YOu have every right to doubt them. I would also show them what Tampa is doing.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Because we told them we would renew once there would actually be a hockey season yet they didnt even email us or anything about losing them which i think is rediculous

people tell them all the time that they will buy later. I see no reason for them to"hold" your seats without a deposit of some sort. Your complaint is sort of unreasonable IMO.
However tell them what tampa is doing and send them a link maybe thy will discount

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A

If they offered me free parking *MOD EDIT*, I'd buy a $20 seat.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

NyIsles19

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island
Best part is he trys to make fun of Tampa for their $200 deal and says there not a hot bed for hockey:shakehead..

Wtf does that make us considering how they beat us out in attendance every year and have also won a stanley cup within the past 30 years..:cry:

NyIsles19

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island
always get stuff in writing.

My friend who i do this with has been *****ing at me to just talk with them over the phone but part of the reason why i have been doing it all via email is because i have proof of all we have talked about in case they try to screw me over

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Best part is he trys to make fun of Tampa for their $200 deal and says there not a hot bed for hockey:shakehead..

Wtf does that make us considering how they beat us out in attendance every year and have also won a stanley cup within the past 30 years..:cry:

I would have sad that to them.
See how he counters that.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida

They're under no obligation to hold your seats if there is no money securing them. That would happen with any business, any team. Your anger and piss poorness is misplaced in this situation. Wang and his team have done things wrong, this is not one of them.

A car dealership is not going to hold a car for you without some form of deposit is another example.

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
They're under no obligation to hold your seats if there is no money securing them. That would happen with any business, any team. Your anger and piss poorness is misplaced in this situation. Wang and his team have done things wrong, this is not one of them.

A car dealership is not going to hold a car for you without some form of deposit is another example.
While this is true, the Islanders didn't notify him that his seats were sold either. The right way to go about it would have been to

1) Hold the seats
2) When another customer wanted them, inform him that another customer wants the seats, and if he doesn't pay for them now, they will be sold.

Instead he calls the team and the team says "err, your seats aren't here anymore", when he explicitly told them he would pay when there is a season. Amateur business by the Isles.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
While this is true, the Islanders didn't notify him that his seats were sold either. The right way to go about it would have been to

1) Hold the seats
2) When another customer wanted them, inform him that another customer wants the seats, and if he doesn't pay for them now, they will be sold.

Instead he calls the team and the team says "err, your seats aren't here anymore", when he explicitly told them he would pay when there is a season. Amateur business by the Isles.

Maybe they should have told him, hey someone is interested in your seats and if you want them we need some form of deposit. But if you didn't renew those seats are technically no longer yours and the Isles or any other team don't owe you anything for them, not even a phone call, technically.

NyIsles19

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island
Maybe they should have told him, hey someone is interested in your seats and if you want them we need some form of deposit. But if you didn't renew those seats are technically no longer yours and the Isles or any other team don't owe you anything for them, not even a phone call, technically.

I totally agree with you about the car dealership example i just didn't appreciate the fact that i was never contacted that i had till X date to renew or i would lose my tickets. If they had done that then i agree with you i would totally be in the wrong but which doesn't surprise me they didn't.

SaintTavares

Jul 8, 2009
Brooklyn

1) Hold the seats

Once he chooses not to renew his tickets, the seats are no longer his. He can't call up months later and ask for something he had previously given up. Telling a sales rep that he MIGHT renew IF the season starts up again is no legit confirmation that he will purchase them. Telling someone something is not a guarantee of sales.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad